Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

71661 - 71680 of 71774 Posts

·
Finally! Wheels on!
9,055 Posts

Canned about 35-40 lbs of tomatoes. 18 qts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
Happy Birthday Harnold and Russ.

Reactions: harnold

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Wonder what his reason was? Its not rocket science like you said.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk
It ain't rocket science but doing an engine properly takes a lot of time and a lot of measuring.
Some blokes just rely on the machine shop to have everything right but it doesn't always work that way.
Your paying big dollars if you want someone to weigh, cc, clearance and crush everything exactly the same.
Not saying yours don't either

It would be interesting to know why he wants to balance but nothing else.
Obviously there's a reason that a lot of guys don't do them

·
Registered
5,019 Posts
Thanks Matt for the info. Took me three attempts and all day to read it all, but it makes sense.

I measured front and rear and only had the front drop 1/8” after hooking up the WD. Was 38” front and rear.

Unhooked.
F 37-1/2
R 40-1/8

Hitched
F 38-1/8
R 38

WD
F 38
R 38

This will all change I’m sure once we’re actually loaded down. I’ll have to play around with it a bit more once I get back from Texas.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Thanks Matt for the info. Took me three attempts and all day to read it all, but it makes sense.

I measured front and rear and only had the front drop 1/8” after hooking up the WD. Was 38” front and rear.

Unhooked.
F 37-1/2
R 40-1/8

Hitched
F 38-1/8
R 38

WD
F 38
R 38

This will all change I’m sure once we’re actually loaded down. I’ll have to play around with it a bit more once I get back from Texas.
That's a lot of science Ryan I just hook stuff up and tow it. I am getting airbags soon though, a mate of mine has lost his job and yes a spot on ally welder so I'll get him to do my tray and pay him to help him out.

Just picked up a side of Black Angus x Wagyu and split it with the neighbour looking forward to some fresh farm beef

·
Finally! Wheels on!
9,055 Posts
Tex, most important is to find somebody that has experience with the “big 3” diesels. How far are you from Lyle and the shop he works at?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lyle is in Dallas. I’m about halfway between Hou and Dal, so I can easily get to Dallas with it. His shop does machine work? Speaking of Lyle, haven’t heard from him in a while.

Morning boys

·
Premium Member
8,662 Posts
Lyle is in Dallas. I’m about halfway between Hou and Dal, so I can easily get to Dallas with it. His shop does machine work? Speaking of Lyle, haven’t heard from him in a while.

Morning boys

I don’t think they do in-house machine work, but they’ve done lots of high horsepower builds already. I’m sure they could direct you to the machine shop that they use for their work.

·
Registered
17,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #71,669

Morning boys

I talked with him not to long ago Charles. Looks like he was on a beach somewhere. I'm sure he will pop in sooner then later.
I don’t think they do in-house machine work, but they’ve done lots of high horsepower builds already. I’m sure they could direct you to the machine shop that they use for their work.

Yeah I'm sure lyle could. I'll shoot him a text and see what he says about it.

·
Registered
17,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #71,670
Morning Joe, Matt, Charles and crew!. Hope y'all have a great day! Was going to drive the truck to work today but its a little wet outside. Lol

·
Premium Member
634 Posts
These are the rubber straps that hold the chute to the deck. I have a Husqvarna 22HP garden tractor with a 42 inch deck. The chute feeds the 2 bin 6 bushel grass catcher assembly.
The straps are bolted to the chute and hooked to the deck.
The Tito’s I was sipping last night worked because I got confused on the setup. The chute on my zero turn sticks out way too far and I end up hitting it on fence posts and trees. I keep it held up with a bungee.

·
Premium Member
4,980 Posts
Good morning all. Finally finished a truck and got it kicked out of my shop. I think it had taken up residency LOL

·
Registered
4,475 Posts

Unhooked.
F 37-1/2
R 40-1/8

Hitched
F 38-1/8
R 38

WD
F 38
R 38

The measurements don't work on trucks that are so front heavy. I did that when I first got my truck. When we left home and were going up Snoqaumie pass in the rain I lost traction and almost jackknifed the rig. I slowed down and when I got to the Cle Elum scale I pulled in and weighed it. It was 900 pounds. Much less than empty. You need to use a scale. And without airbags the truck will be low in the rear. That's OK it's like that when you carry a load in the bed. I looked at the photo and that trailer has the axles way too far forward. It's never going to handle well. Keep as much weight in the front as you can. And you will need to go a little slower. Especially on down grades. My tilt bed is like that and I have to be very careful how I load it or it's a squirrel. That's why I bought the Weigh safe hitch.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,579 Posts
Afternoon guys.

A balmy 95 here today.

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
Morning guys

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #71,678
Afternoon fellas, put in my notice today. Start a new job on a 4-10 schedule the 13th. Think im going to use my PTO ive accrued for a built trans
Sounds like a plan to me!

71661 - 71680 of 71774 Posts