·
Registered
10,280 Posts
About time cody. I can finish a 12 pack in between your shifts on the big tune

Reactions: 1TRIKHD

·
Registered
5,032 Posts
Lyle is in Dallas. I’m about halfway between Hou and Dal, so I can easily get to Dallas with it. His shop does machine work? Speaking of Lyle, haven’t heard from him in a while.

Morning boys

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thought Lyle moved back to Bama?

·
Registered
5,032 Posts
The measurements don't work on trucks that are so front heavy. I did that when I first got my truck. When we left home and were going up Snoqaumie pass in the rain I lost traction and almost jackknifed the rig. I slowed down and when I got to the Cle Elum scale I pulled in and weighed it. It was 900 pounds. Much less than empty. You need to use a scale. And without airbags the truck will be low in the rear. That's OK it's like that when you carry a load in the bed. I looked at the photo and that trailer has the axles way too far forward. It's never going to handle well. Keep as much weight in the front as you can. And you will need to go a little slower. Especially on down grades. My tilt bed is like that and I have to be very careful how I load it or it's a squirrel. That's why I bought the Weigh safe hitch.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk
I have one gray water tank in the back, then the fresh water, black and other gray, plus batteries and propane are in the front. Bathroom is in the front. Empty TW is about 1000lb. I think the axles are probably in an appropriate spot. Does make for quite a bit of tail-swing around corners though.

·
Finally! Wheels on!
9,066 Posts
Got some range time in today

Alway fun. See where my inconsistencies are. Time to put the work in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It is a perishable skill. I’ve been staying on top of pistol pretty well and a bit of carbine but my long range stuff is waaay rusty. I need to find a new place to mail it in from 1000. Very limited here due to the woods. It’s also been a while since I’ve worked with entry team stuff so who knows where my muzzle discipline is....

·
Finally! Wheels on!
9,066 Posts
I have one gray water tank in the back, then the fresh water, black and other gray, plus batteries and propane are in the front. Bathroom is in the front. Empty TW is about 1000lb. I think the axles are probably in an appropriate spot. Does make for quite a bit of tail-swing around corners though.
Nothing a bed full of firewood won’t fix.

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
The measurements don't work on trucks that are so front heavy. I did that when I first got my truck. When we left home and were going up Snoqaumie pass in the rain I lost traction and almost jackknifed the rig. I slowed down and when I got to the Cle Elum scale I pulled in and weighed it. It was 900 pounds. Much less than empty. You need to use a scale. And without airbags the truck will be low in the rear. That's OK it's like that when you carry a load in the bed. I looked at the photo and that trailer has the axles way too far forward. It's never going to handle well. Keep as much weight in the front as you can. And you will need to go a little slower. Especially on down grades. My tilt bed is like that and I have to be very careful how I load it or it's a squirrel. That's why I bought the Weigh safe hitch.

I have my rig setup fairly well, but when rigged for a hunting trip with a deck in the box and the ATV & ATV trailer on top, it handles even better.
I usually have my tires up to max and the air bags set to around 70 pissies.

·
Registered
4,509 Posts
I have the canopy on and several hundred pounds of stuff in the bed. my airbags have a sensor that keeps the rear height within 1/4'. I don't know how much pressure is in them. They make a guage set for them but I don't care I guess. There is an optional circut to dump the bags. I may add that. The wire is already in the loom under the hood. Just need to add a switch to ground. It would be eaiser to unhook trailers if the airbages didn't raise the truck so high. Now I just leave it running so the will dump after the jack lifts it a little. There is about a 20 second delay though.

Reactions: Blue06Sierra

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
I have the canopy on and several hundred pounds of stuff in the bed. my airbags have a sensor that keeps the rear height within 1/4'. I don't know how much pressure is in them. They make a guage set for them but I don't care I guess. There is an optional circut to dump the bags. I may add that. The wire is already in the loom under the hood. Just need to add a switch to ground. It would be eaiser to unhook trailers if the airbages didn't raise the truck so high. Now I just leave it running so the will dump after the jack lifts it a little. There is about a 20 second delay though.
Mine are manual with a gauge on the dash. One gauge, 2 needles. I can fill or dump each bag separately. I have a compressor under the rear seat and a tank under the bed beside the fuel tank. PacBrake HP10098

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
I added the tank to the kit, plus a pressure switch to maintain pressure in the tank automatically.

I also put an air chuck on the bumper next to the plate to fill tires etc.

·
Registered
4,509 Posts
That's the bad thing about mine. No tank. It turns the compressor on to fill and opens a dump valve to empty. So I can't put a pressure switch and air tank on it. But it's care free. Stays the same height all the time. I had a 6 foot rear blade and the tractor on the trailer loaded to put 1050 on the hitch. Then I stopped for a pallet of logs. That weighs a ton. Right on the rear of the bed. Still sat level. I am happy with it. I have it set to keep enough air empty to raise it up 1/4". That makes it ride real nice empty. Unloads the springs just a little.

Reactions: Blue06Sierra

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
These trucks handle campers better if less tread is on the tires😉

·
Premium Member
2,589 Posts
Morning to the crew.

·
Registered
18,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #71,699
Morning fellas. Gonna be cloudy with a chance of rain here today. Keep pushing foward gentlemen!

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

·
Finally! Wheels on!
9,066 Posts
Morning boys. Typical texas. 96 and humid as crap. This is the time of year I keep working on plans to have some land in ID/WY/MT area. I’m thinking next 3-4 years I’ll have a place to go in the summer.

71681 - 71700 of 72039 Posts