Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

72841 - 72860 of 73107 Posts

·
Registered
10,427 Posts
Pissing down rain here today. Glad i got all the yard work done yesterday. Worked out, now sitting in the recliner with my over grown "lap" dog cuddling with me😂😂Probably going to go work on that little kubota soon whenever i get a break in the rain and wont get soaked walking to the shop

·
Registered
18,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #72,845
Evening fellas, had a shit show friday happen late today at work. I won't get into it, but it made the whiskey taste better when I got home. Gonna wash the truck tonight!

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #72,846
Some more boring truck pics

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,626 Posts
This video came across my YouTube feed today. Old boy got a visit from Homeland Security. This country is getting a little nutty.
Oh nos skeeeery oil filters fir skeeeery gunz.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

Reactions: John Lee Pettimore

·
Premium Member
729 Posts
Booooooring.

Another boring pic.

Ryan this is what I use to seal aluminum flanges like t-cases and front diffs and never had one leak with this stuff.
3CEDC34E-FB7E-404F-A717-1B73D2B5C789.jpeg

·
Registered
5,076 Posts
Ryan this is what I use to seal aluminum flanges like t-cases and front diffs and never had one leak with this stuff.
View attachment 1078893
Awesome, thanks! I think I used plain ol black RTV on it a few years ago when I had it apart to put the pump rub kit in. I also have some gear oil RTV, would that be ok you think?

·
Premium Member
729 Posts
Awesome, thanks! I think I used plain ol black RTV on it a few years ago when I had it apart to put the pump rub kit in. I also have some gear oil RTV, would that be ok you think?

It will probably work fine but the other stuff is made especially for aluminum machined surfaces. Permatex makes one as well, anaerobic gasket maker is what it is called.

·
Registered
5,076 Posts
Well, when in Rome... I hope this is the last time I need to open this up, so might as well do it right! I’ll go get some in the morning. I hope to have it R&R tomorrow, however I’m still waiting on the output shaft seal to show up.

Reactions: CDmax16

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Some deck pics, always make sure you say that in a new Zealand accent

Neighbour needed some help so I went and did it for him, took the machine over and cut it flat, dug all the post holes by hand, mixed all the concrete by hand and did 3/4 of the frame.
I'm completely stuffed. Food, whiskey and bed
20200801_185757.jpg

·
Registered
19,556 Posts
Morning boys

getting ready to head off to work.

more then likely will be in the warehouse most of the day by myself. Time to crank the fucking music and enjoy some downtime. We are still super slow on Saturdays. So I’ll be running the pickers putting parts up.

·
Premium Member
604 Posts
Anaerobic or permatex ultra black is what I’ve always used on front diffs and transfer cases (in that order). As long as the surfaces are clean/free from any oil before applying the sealer, no issues with keeping it leak free.

I have to open mine up and do the pump rub kit and replace the rear output shaft seal too. I want to replace all the u joints and have both driveshafts balanced at that same time. Now that work took us back up to normal pay, from Covid pay, that will help knock out some of the truck projects sooner so I’m not trying to do them during the winter. Of course the wife now wants to go ahead with doing the roof, siding, soffit, fascia and gutters on the house now too. Last year was a new well, water softener and water heater. At this point, it will be YEARS before I get my 6th gen ZL1. 🤣🤣

I think I’ll change out my crusty rear diff cover and flush my power steering fluid today. Knock those easy bits off the list of “to dos”.

Reactions: Blue06Sierra

·
Finally! Wheels on!
9,122 Posts
This was sent to me today and I was told that this is 110% me. There may not be any more true words that have been spoken. View attachment 1078876
dude, that is sooo me.
@ChevyTech77. Continuing the butt dyno diagnosis of my issue. Can it be torque converter shudder possibly? At some points near 55 when rpms are low it seems to get better when i pull it down to 6th from 8th

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
604 Posts
dude, that is sooo me.
@ChevyTech77. Continuing the butt dyno diagnosis of my issue. Can it be torque converter shudder possibly? At some points near 55 when rpms are low it seems to get better when i pull it down to 6th from 8th

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Very possible. I would really have to drive it and pull data to give you an honest answer though. I’m not super familiar with the TCC strategy on the 8L90. Let me find some time to do some research today and maybe we can come up with a decent way for you to hold off the TCC to further evaluate that theory. 👍🏻

72841 - 72860 of 73107 Posts