Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

75381 - 75400 of 75792 Posts

·
Administrator
1,258 Posts
Happy Friday morning gents. 28 degrees on the ol tell tale thermometer on the truck this morning. Forgot my work coat here at work on Wednesday so it was a bit of a hussle to get in the building this morning. 😄

·
Registered
19,912 Posts
I hear ya, similar situation here as far as pay.

I had an office job, between shop jobs, for 9 years. The stress started to build so bad after the first 3-4 years but I kept pressing on because I didn’t feel like I had anyway out. I knew that I wanted to work in the shop that I now work in but there was no way that was going to happen without at least an associates degree even though I had ASE and GM master certifications and 20 years of experience. The thought of going to college at 38 years old added to that stress. Wife (girlfriend at the time) was also having a bit of a health scare for a short period, at the same time. I enrolled in college anyway and about 6 months later all the stress came to a head and I was in the ER twice for what they thought was minor heart attacks. Thankfully, it was just anxiety attacks and I got the help I needed for it. Life is much better now but I still have my days. You have to find a way out of the stress bud. Trust me. If you don’t, it can cause serious problems. Not preaching from a medical journal either here, just real life type shit. 👍🏻
I’ve gotten Real good at just leaving it at work. Some days are harder then others.

deer season is in now. It’s nice and quiet 20 feet in the air or in the blind. Lol.

·
Premium Member
2,740 Posts
Joe, WOW! Don't know how you guys are doing it being so understaffed. We get really concerned when one person leaves as it normally takes months to find qualified replacements. Good on you for knowing how to leave the stress at the office, most folks never figure that piece out.

Many years ago while I was still on active duty, my job required 12 hour days, 6 days a week. And, in order to cope I starting hitting the booze pretty hard. After about 6 months I finally woke up to what I was doing and found a better way to cope by going to the gym before I got home which made everyone's life better.

Keep your head up brother, hopefully there is a good end to all of this.

Morning boys.

·
Registered
6,012 Posts
I do not know what you guys are ranting about, I just drive around all day, well night actually.

·
Registered
18,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #75,385
Morning fellas, its finally Friday! Concrete pour today, so it should be an easy Friday at work for me. Have a good one fellas and be safe out there.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Reactions: duramaxsky

·
Registered
19,912 Posts
Joe, WOW! Don't know how you guys are doing it being so understaffed. We get really concerned when one person leaves as it normally takes months to find qualified replacements. Good on you for knowing how to leave the stress at the office, most folks never figure that piece out.

Many years ago while I was still on active duty, my job required 12 hour days, 6 days a week. And, in order to cope I starting hitting the booze pretty hard. After about 6 months I finally woke up to what I was doing and found a better way to cope by going to the gym before I got home which made everyone's life better.

Keep your head up brother, hopefully there is a good end to all of this.

Morning boys.
depending on the day. It’s not the easiest thing to do by any means. But I try.

I sure hope we come out bigger and better on the other end of this. Time will tell though.

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
im good. But they are about to have a fucking mutiny at work. There are 5 of us wholesale guys. The 5 of us sell somewhere around 1.9 million in parts every month. That’s a shit ton of automotive parts for 5 guys. The issue is we have 2 managers who have to work side by side and don’t see eye to eye. They both work in the warehouse doing stuff all day every day. There is 1 parts puller and either the managers fill in or we have to. We work our 10 hours a day every day and then we are pretty much expected to finish parts pulling at the end of the day if there is any.

in all reality. We are down 11 people since last October. 5-6 since this fucking plandemic happened and we need more help. I’ve been preaching that we needed to bring people in to get them up to speed before we ever started this warehouse up 7 months ago but no one listened.

I’ve been saying for 7 months that everything is going to come to a head and the whole fucking thing will crumble.

well. The 5 of us are at our whits end on a daily basis. It’s been like this since July and we are done.

another thing is between the 5 of us there 17 weeks of vacation. Add the managers, dispatcher and 2 truck shop employees we are at a total of 31 weeks total. They don’t want more then 1 person off at a time. Do the math there. It’s impossible to schedule that.

Anymore I have a light switch temper and my buttons get pushed with idiots. But that’s with all of us.

I’ve talked to 3 of the guys already and got 1 left. We are going to management about the issues with vacation and scheduling. This is total bullshit. We all got fucked out of 2-3 days and had to reschedule shit this year and it’s going to get worse. I get having more than 2 people off but that’s common sense that we can’t have 3 off. We all have came to that agreement.

I’ll say this. We are still tuning almost 900k in gross monthly. Being 11 guys down.

the managers are paid off the bottom line. So if salary goes down. The bottom line goes up. Someone’s pockets are being cushioned and they aren’t mine.

rant over.
I would be looking for another job. Maybe the Midwest is not like here but there are more jobs than people here.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
Morning guys it's another nice day in Utah.

Reactions: 1TRIKHD

·
Premium Member
5,337 Posts
Good morning guys.... TGIF...
I was supposed to go hunting this weekend with the father-in-law and brother-in-law but had to back out. Just too much that I haven't gotten done. We have at least 10 cord of wood that need cut and split and no place to put it yet. Yes the hunting trip could be a stress relief that is if it weren't for the guilt that would insue for not being prepared for winter. Millicent said I should go you need the time she said. But reality I need to make some sacrifice that in the long run will be more stress relieving for the long term.

Reactions: ChevyTech77

·
Administrator
1,258 Posts
Good morning guys.... TGIF...
I was supposed to go hunting this weekend with the father-in-law and brother-in-law but had to back out. Just too much that I haven't gotten done. We have at least 10 cord of wood that need cut and split and no place to put it yet. Yes the hunting trip could be a stress relief that is if it weren't for the guilt that would insue for not being prepared for winter. Millicent said I should go you need the time she said. But reality I need to make some sacrifice that in the long run will be more stress relieving for the long term.
Yeah, like I say, adulting sucks sometimes. 😄👍🏻

·
Premium Member
5,337 Posts
I would be looking for another job. Maybe the Midwest is not like here but there are more jobs than people here.

There is a lot of liberals here but other than that it's a great State... Come join Russ, Matt and I... Maybe we could take this state back by moving conservatives in LOL

·
Finally! Wheels on!
9,291 Posts
Sup boys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #75,394
Charles! About to wash the commuter, and sip some whiskey doing it.

·
Premium Member
846 Posts
Evening boys. I had a pretty good day until I drove 45 minutes to the UPS hub after work. Bimbo behind the counter wouldn't ship a rifle barrel blank that I had sold to guy out of state. She said it had to go to an FFL and refused to ship it. I tried to explain federal law and UPS's own policy to her but she wasn't having it and wouldn't let me to speak to anyone else in the place that might of known what they were doing. Long story short it got shipped via the UPS store 10 minutes from my house as a piece of carbon fiber in a box.

·
Registered
18,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #75,396
Got the shocks ceramic coated with 2 coats.

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
Russ that ceramic coating you recommend works nice. After driving it all last week in the rain we had plus all kinds of weather on the way here to Utah it is still not that dirty. And dirt really shows on a black truck. Water just blows off.

·
Registered
18,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #75,398
Russ that ceramic coating you recommend works nice. After driving it all last week in the rain we had plus all kinds of weather on the way here to Utah it is still not that dirty. And dirt really shows on a black truck. Water just blows off.

Glad you like it Matt. I was really impressed the first time I used it correctly

Reactions: duramaxsky

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Did half a day's work and then a bucks day thing at Redbanks. It's like a shooting/archery/axe throwing/paintball etc
Good fun

75381 - 75400 of 75792 Posts