Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

76581 - 76600 of 76965 Posts

·
Registered
5,638 Posts
Suspect that you may find your rifle up for confiscation in Canada. Don't know as I have never attempted same.

Morning boys.
Morning boys.

No, it depends on what it is.
May 1st our illustrious government made over 1500 named rifles and shotguns prohibited by the way they looked, not their function. They keep adding to the list. It has grown since the announcement.

As long as it is legal to own one in Canada, you can bring it in. There are some transport regulations that you must follow. Paperwork is important. Bureaucrats love their paperwork.

Transport regulations can be:
  • unloaded
  • trigger locked and in a locked case
Depends on the classification of the firearm.

CBSA and RCMP websites can be helpful. The RCMP run the Canadian Firearms Program. There is a ton of information available there.

Sent from my SM-A705W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,061 Posts
Whatever you do, Do NOT talk politics with Canadian border guards😉

Reactions: duramaxsky

·
Premium Member
912 Posts
The border shouldn't be an issue for you.
Declare everything.
Non restricted firearms are no problem. Restricted are an issue, but can be imported if the correct paperwork is done.
Prohibited items like suppressors can not be imported into Canada. Some handguns and rifles can fall into this category.

Call Canada Border Services Agency to clear the paperwork. The thing is to know what's legal.

Not worth your time as a short term visitor, but you can get a Canadian firearms license. I know some that come for matches that do that and it saves a ton of paperwork.

The truck shouldn't be an issue.

If you do get a chance to go and are in the near vicinity, let me know and we can meet up, at least.

Current regulations allow for transit to Alaska, but the restrictions are pretty tight. No sightseeing, minimal contact other than food and lodging. You get a permit that you have to hang from your mirror that identifies you as a through traveler. Have a plan laid out that you can give to the CBSA agent. Hopefully things will improve in the near future.

As previously stated, you can ship things to Alaska rather than taking them through customs.

If they didn’t have the border shut down I would definitely drive just for the experience. The route I was looking at was going to take me across Colorado, Wyoming, Montana into Alberta and NW from there.

I have looked into the ferry ride from Bellingham a little. My parents went on a cruise last year that left Seattle and I believe went up to Juneau and back. They really enjoyed the scenery and wildlife.

Most likely will just fly up this time. I found out that I can order from Prime Ammunition and they will ship my ammo to a distributor in Anchorage. I just stop by and pick it up after I get in town.

If I was coming through your neck of the woods I’d definitely meet up with ya for a beer. Maybe one of these days after the covid mess is over with.

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Going to cut some wood this morning, a guy I know bought a block that's full of dead trees and wants em gone so it's a win win.
Won't hurt the kids to load it on the trailer either 🤣

·
Registered
20,075 Posts
If they didn’t have the border shut down I would definitely drive just for the experience. The route I was looking at was going to take me across Colorado, Wyoming, Montana into Alberta and NW from there.

I have looked into the ferry ride from Bellingham a little. My parents went on a cruise last year that left Seattle and I believe went up to Juneau and back. They really enjoyed the scenery and wildlife.

Most likely will just fly up this time. I found out that I can order from Prime Ammunition and they will ship my ammo to a distributor in Anchorage. I just stop by and pick it up after I get in town.

If I was coming through your neck of the woods I’d definitely meet up with ya for a beer. Maybe one of these days after the covid mess is over with.
you going hunting?

·
Registered
1,279 Posts

If get to Anchorage check out Alaskan Tactical. Pretty cool little shop. Super friendly people. If in Ketchikan grab a bite to eat at The Narrows. Juneau you have to go down to Mendhall Valley and walk out on the glacier

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,638 Posts

I'm about half way between the coast and the Alberta border just north of the US border. I have 2 crossings within a half hour drive and 2 more within an hour drive.

The drive is a lot easier on the east side of the Rockies. Most of BC is pretty mountainous.

It's around a 2 day drive direct from Alberta or BC border crossings to Anchorage. You will need at least 1 maybe 2 overnight stops, depending on how many drivers you have.

In the north half of the drive, fuel up every chance you get. Past Fort Nelson, fuel is only available about every 300 miles or so.

In 1998, I drove an old 28 passenger former school bus to Dawson City in the Yukon for a Scout jamboree. From the Vancouver area we took a week to get there, a week there and 4 days coming back. We took lots of extra fuel with us, but kept the tank full when we could. Some of those stretches between communities are pretty big.

The scenery is awesome. Enjoy your trip!

Reactions: ChevyTech77

·
Finally! Wheels on!
9,374 Posts
JLP you doing any high angle stuff?

I get to play mini Russ this weekend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
1,562 Posts
I'm about half way between the coast and the Alberta border just north of the US border. I have 2 crossings within a half hour drive and 2 more within an hour drive.

The drive is a lot easier on the east side of the Rockies. Most of BC is pretty mountainous.

It's around a 2 day drive direct from Alberta or BC border crossings to Anchorage. You will need at least 1 maybe 2 overnight stops, depending on how many drivers you have.

In the north half of the drive, fuel up every chance you get. Past Fort Nelson, fuel is only available about every 300 miles or so.

In 1998, I drove an old 28 passenger former school bus to Dawson City in the Yukon for a Scout jamboree. From the Vancouver area we took a week to get there, a week there and 4 days coming back. We took lots of extra fuel with us, but kept the tank full when we could. Some of those stretches between communities are pretty big.

The scenery is awesome. Enjoy your trip!

I have a friend that grew up over in Wawa. He was living Grand Prairie for a long time but now lives in Tumbler Ridge. Big mountain sled rider. He's always trying to get me to come out there. Would love to some day.

·
Administrator
1,562 Posts
Holy hell what a whirl wind of a day gents. Spent a good part of it fixing an intermittent fuel injector issue on a C8. God damn it I want one of those things.

Got a call from my brother around 10am. He's an OTR driver for Warner. Asks me if I can look at the brakes on his wife's Nissan Murano. Both him and his wife come from GM families but they bought a damn Nissan. He's not good at working on cars and he's stuck out on the road until next Wednesday anyway. My sis in law is a nurse so she's working crazy hours but brought it over after work. 2011 with 105,000 miles. Rust bucket from hell underneath. Fought every fastener on the thing. Fronts were just down to touching metal, rears were close too. Couple of coworkers were giving me shit about doing work on a nurse working COVID shit's vehicle in the middle of this shit. Are you serious?!! She's fucking family man. Some people need to go seal themselves up in a tent for a few years.

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
Yeah that’s crap that they’re giving you hell for that. Nurses are heroes right now.

In other news. I figured out how to finagle the bulb socket into those tail lights my wife bought me, so I guess I’ll keep them.

DT Motoring/DT Moto’s customer support and QA can suck a fat one though.

·
Registered
5,638 Posts
I have a friend that grew up over in Wawa. He was living Grand Prairie for a long time but now lives in Tumbler Ridge. Big mountain sled rider. He's always trying to get me to come out there. Would love to some day.
Don't know where Wawa is, but Tumbler Ridge is about 750 miles away from me. Lots of big terrain for sledding there for sure.

·
Administrator
1,562 Posts
Don't know where Wawa is, but Tumbler Ridge is about 750 miles away from me. Lots of big terrain for sledding there for sure.

Wawa is on the eastern shore of Lake Superior in Ontario. Literally 5-6 hours straight north of me here in Michigan.

Reactions: Blue06Sierra

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
Followed a guy at Costco today wearing a shirt that said “Save money, beat your meat and pull your own pork. Kids are expensive.”

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Followed a guy at Costco today wearing a shirt that said “Save money, beat your meat and pull your own pork. Kids are expensive.”
Free Speech 🤣

My hydraulic hose on the trailer blew when I was nearly at the top of the rams travel.
Got the CBFs and cracked a beer and mowed the grass

·
Finally! Wheels on!
9,374 Posts
Morning boys. Unloaded the mini X last night and played with it for a few minutes to get the feel of it. Gonna go get after it this morning. First time running one and it felt like I was having an epileptic seizure at first trying to get it to do what I wanted. Probably should have started on something easier than a stump right next to a slab with power buried on one side and comms buried on the other....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

76581 - 76600 of 76965 Posts