Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

76601 - 76620 of 76929 Posts

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Morning boys. Unloaded the mini X last night and played with it for a few minutes to get the feel of it. Gonna go get after it this morning. First time running one and it felt like I was having an epileptic seizure at first trying to get it to do what I wanted. Probably should have started on something easier than a stump right next to a slab with power buried on one side and comms buried on the other....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's all practice
Near full throttle and linear movement 👍

·
Administrator
1,550 Posts
Morning boys. Unloaded the mini X last night and played with it for a few minutes to get the feel of it. Gonna go get after it this morning. First time running one and it felt like I was having an epileptic seizure at first trying to get it to do what I wanted. Probably should have started on something easier than a stump right next to a slab with power buried on one side and comms buried on the other....

Morning.

I will be renting one of those next spring to rip a bunch of little stumps out from the row of shitty trees that I’m slowly getting rid of next to my house. There’s a dozen or so that are slightly hanging over the house and while they are all only 4-6” in diameter there are 20-25’ tall. I attempted to take one down on the back end of the tree line and bounced the damn thing of the rain gutter on the back of the house. 😣 So, wife said she’s paying the tree company to come take the ones near the house out. 🤣 I’ve spent $3500 over the last three years having the trees and stumps taken off our property. All were an overgrown mess. I’m going to slowly replace a few as time goes on now. Put in what we want and keep them nice.

·
Administrator
1,550 Posts
I’m also going to go on the hunt for some fog/driving lights for my truck today. I’d love something that fits in the factory location but also has white and yellow light. LED of course. The yellow light REALLY helps when you’re driving in the whiteout snow storms we get into driving to/in the U.P. here in Michigan to go snowmobiling.

·
Registered
932 Posts
It's all practice
Near full throttle and linear movement 👍
And 40 years of experience :LOL:
Had a guy at work, he’s retired now but a couple years ago he was replacing a drain pipe on one of the lease roads we maintain. I hauled the new pipe to him and when I got there he was digging the old pipe out. New pipe was bigger so I thought I’d get his attention and let him know to dig a bigger ditch. Keep in mind he was wide open throttle on a full-size 320 Cat, working just as smooth and fast as anyone you’ve ever witnessed. I picked up the CB mic and said hey drain pipes here. He dumped that bucket of dirt, swung on around to face me and........

Sandwich in one hand, bottle of water in the other and was running that machine WITH HIS ELBOWS. I’m pretty handy on one myself but not even in the same ballpark as that old man.

·
Finally! Wheels on!
9,369 Posts
Well 8 hour rent with trailer less than $400. 2 hours to get this one out. Could only dig on 3 sides. Ripped the comm cable but saved the power feed to the shop.

Hard to tell but that hole is 4ft deep. Now on to a bunch of smaller stuff.

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
I’m also going to go on the hunt for some fog/driving lights for my truck today. I’d love something that fits in the factory location but also has white and yellow light. LED of course. The yellow light REALLY helps when you’re driving in the whiteout snow storms we get into driving to/in the U.P. here in Michigan to go snowmobiling.
You sure you want LED? The snow will pack up on them since they don’t get hot enough to melt it, effectively making your vision worse.

·
Administrator
1,550 Posts
You sure you want LED? The snow will pack up on them since they don’t get hot enough to melt it, effectively making your vision worse.
That’s usually only a problem with wet snow. In season we don’t get much of that up there. It’s all dry lake effect snow. Never had any issues with snow pack on all of the factory leds on my 2017 Silverado so I think it should be fine. Most of my buddies just have clear driving lights and then the yellow snap over or slide on covers for them but that can be a pain to deal with in the cold.

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
Morning guys. It will be interesting to see if snow builds up on the LED lights on my new truck. They came that way so it is what it is. I am getting everything together to convert my tilt deck to hydraulic tilt. I have everything but one hose. Typical Amazon one is here one is not. I will take photos and maybe start a thread on the project. I store tractor implements on it since covered space is in short supply here. It is a pain to load from the side due to the fenders. It will stay tilted so I can drive up and load them one at a time. And I will be able to load a truck on it without it tilting down before the rear tires get to the deck. It's going to cost about a grand but I have wanted to do it since I got it.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20,068 Posts
Afternoon gents

decided to go social distance myself from society in the woods with the boys. It’s youth gun season.

tyler is headed to the stand with a 45/70 and mj is with me and a 20 gauge. Going we can double down

·
Premium Member
912 Posts
JLP you doing any high angle stuff?

I get to play mini Russ this weekend

JLP you doing any high angle stuff?

I get to play mini Russ this weekend

Not that I'm aware of. I'm anticipating flat range work out to 1200yds. The two instructors are pretty big on fundamentals so I expect the first two days will be heavy on the basics and then throw in positional stuff and advanced wind reading on days 3-4.

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
Well I got the frame for the hydraulics mostly done today. I got the cross member for the tounge part of the frame made and installed.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
I made brackets that run between the cross members one the deck frame.i still want to box in the top of them. I will do that tomorrow. Then I need to relocate the spare tire and install the tool box and the pump. I need to run some flat bar to support the hydraulic hoses and paint everything.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #76,616
Afternoon gents

decided to go social distance myself from society in the woods with the boys. It’s youth gun season.

tyler is headed to the stand with a 45/70 and mj is with me and a 20 gauge. Going we can double down
Took the boys hunting for the first time with my brother. We went up to the capital forest area. Its extended buck for modern rifle, which ends tomorrow. Didn't see a thing all day.

Told the boys that's what happens sometimes. Told them it's more about being out in God's country and making memories with the people your hunting with!

Got up to 2400ft above sea level and 39°. My boys did really well for their first hunting experience, and said they had a great time!.

My brother took this pic of us glassing a clear cut below us.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,637 Posts
Took the boys hunting for the first time with my brother. We went up to the capital forest area. Its extended buck for modern rifle, which ends tomorrow. Didn't see a thing all day.

Told the boys that's what happens sometimes. Told them it's more about being out in God's country and making memories with the people your hunting with!

Got up to 2400ft above sea level and 39°. My boys did really well for their first hunting experience, and said they had a great time!.

Yep, that's what it's all about.

Sent from my SM-A705W using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1TRIKHD

·
Registered
20,068 Posts

absolutely Russ.

great memories

·
Registered
18,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #76,619
Forgot about a work mask story from Friday. So in out in the road checking traffic control, as we are pour our PT deck at 100 yrds an hour.

Look up at the PT deck and the superintendent trlls me to put my mask on. I said I'm in the road public roadway in not putting my Fucking mask on.

Concrete driver who is a big guy like me say's who is that fucking guy? I said my superintendent. Concrete driver said, he said the same to me and I told him fuck your communist rules. He then tells me that if he comes within 6ft of him again, he is going to knock him out! I said put a little extra into it for me. We both laughed!

My superintendent is younger guy and has very little field experience and likes to get into others sand boxes that he doesnt belong in.

If I misspelled some words or wasn't correct with proper english sentences IDGAF!.

·
Finally! Wheels on!
9,369 Posts
Not that I'm aware of. I'm anticipating flat range work out to 1200yds. The two instructors are pretty big on fundamentals so I expect the first two days will be heavy on the basics and then throw in positional stuff and advanced wind reading on days 3-4.
Pretty country but you need to go see ma boys at Rifles Only in Rivera Texas. Frank Gali and Jacob Bynum. Solid dudes with some been there done that.

Ive done their PR1 and PR2 and heli shoot as well as a few competitions.

Riflesonly.com

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: John Lee Pettimore
76601 - 76620 of 76929 Posts