Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

76621 - 76640 of 76927 Posts

·
Premium Member
912 Posts
Pretty country but you need to go see ma boys at Rifles Only in Rivera Texas. Frank Gali and Jacob Bynum. Solid dudes with some been there done that.

Ive done their PR1 and PR2 and heli shoot as well as a few competitions.

Riflesonly.com

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Frank is instructing this class with Marc Taylor. Should be able to learn a thing or two from a couple of former USMC Scout Snipers.

I'm going to see Jacob later next year hopefully. Also want to take a class with Caylen Wojcik and Phil Velayo. They are both really sharp guys and recently out of service. They have a good podcast if you're into that called Modern Day Sniper

·
Finally! Wheels on!
9,369 Posts
Frank......lol. Than NJ yankee mo fo..

Ask him about the Pimp Cup....

I carried it. Then did pushups to get rid of it...

Love Frank. All I wanted to do in the beginning was shoot 1k.

Frank said, the margin of error on an artillery strike is 700M, if the target is outside 700 he just unwraps a snickers and calls in an air strike

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
1,547 Posts
Morning gents. Time for oil changes on my work car and the wife’s Jeep. Gonna break down and finally put my snow/winter tires on my work car too. That should ensure that we don’t see actual snow anytime soon. 🤬😄

·
Registered
18,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #76,626
Morning fellas.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,115 Posts
Morning guys. I am going to try and finish up my trailer. I hope to get it to the point where all I need to do is install the hose that's coming Tuesday and fill the fluid and bleed the system. I built the parts so a 2" cylinder will fit and am shimming the 1.5" cylinder with washers. The 1.5" has 5300 pounds of push. The pivot point is in front of center so it should be lifting less than half the weight. It's a 7k trailer so it should be enough. But it's at an angle so maybe not. I went with the smaller cylinder so there would be less stress on the trailer frame. I figured it was worth the risk of $100 for the smaller cylinder to not put so much force on the frame. I used the formula and at the angle it is about 40 degrees it should push about 3200 pounds. It will be close. But I built it so I can change to a 2" or even a 2.5" if I need to. I will also need to drill the mounting holes from 3/4" to 1" for either of those. Or put a bushing in the ends. And the 2.5' inch will need adapters from the 6AN hose to 8AN ports. The 2" cylinder will push 9300 pounds and the 2.5" will push 14,000 pounds. But I suspect the 1.5" will do the job. I don't want to bend the cross members or the A frame. The only thing that would be heavy enough to make it not work is one of my trucks. They are long enough the deck would need to lift with the truck all the way forward. The tractor and attachments don't weigh that much and the Vettes will move back far enough to tip the deck so they wil lift for sure. I got a wireless remote for a winch and will wire it to the same connections as the pendant so I can tilt it from the car seat.

·
Registered
5,637 Posts
Sounds like you have it covered Matt.
Looking good.

Sent from my SM-A705W using Tapatalk

Reactions: duramaxsky

·
Administrator
1,547 Posts
Wife went all out at the meat market. 16 pound prime rib for Thursday. Plus a 14 pound turkey that she picked up yesterday at the grocery store. Damn people better be coming ready to EAT! 🤣

·
Registered
5,637 Posts
Wife went all out at the meat market. 16 pound prime rib for Thursday. Plus a 14 pound turkey that she picked up yesterday at the grocery store. Damn people better be coming ready to EAT!
That's a lot of meat!
What does prime rib go for there?
It's outrageous here.

·
Administrator
1,547 Posts
That's a lot of meat!
What does prime rib go for there?
It's outrageous here.

I want to say it was just under $10 a pound. It’s the only time of the year that we get everyone together so we insist on the wife and I buying/cooking everything ourselves.

·
Registered
5,115 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,419 Posts
DUCATI = Most expensive least reliable, I didn't say I was good just intriguing and innovative ;)

·
Registered
932 Posts
And now for one of the toughest most reliable small machines on the face of the planet 😬

Put front and rear brakes on our 1988 Honda 300 today. Machines been in the family since new and has been babied. Rear shoes had the lining fall off, wasn’t worn just fell off. I guess the 32 year old glue finally gave out :LOL: . This is the front, first time the drums EVER been off. Shoes looked good but I replaced them anyway and she’s good to go for another ??? years.

·
Registered
5,637 Posts
I have a 2002 TRX450FM. Been abused pretty much from new until I got it in 2008.

Tree planters had it from new.
It now has over 5000 miles and close to 9000 hours. Been rolled at least once since almost all the plastic body panels were broken and the handlebars were bent. I did get a good deal on it though
The guy I got it from had 4 rear wheels and tires on it. He complained it was hard to steer... go figure.

I still use it to plow snow in the winter with a Kolpin plow.

Replacement brakes don't stand up nearly as well as the OEM ones.
I "upgraded" the fronts to disc brakes, the EBC pads don't like sitting. You have to warm them up to work properly.

Hondas do stand up well. Most of my old hunting buddies run Hondas. I would buy another if getting rid of this one. Not going to happen soon.

·
Registered
18,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #76,637
We had a 1991 Honda 300 4x4 fourtrax since new. We have used and abused it and it still runs great. We keep up on maintenance stuff, but it has bent brake levers and the plastic is beat up.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
I find it amazing there is still so much development in ICE if it's obsolete in 10 years.

Spose that depends what happens with the 'great reset'

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
I find it amazing there is still so much development in ICE if it's obsolete in 10 years.

Spose that depends what happens with the 'great reset'
Immigration and Customs Enforcement?

76621 - 76640 of 76927 Posts