Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

78381 - 78400 of 78703 Posts

·
Finally! Wheels on!
9,485 Posts
Where were you working? Our place lost power for 16 hours and there are still widely reported outages.

I’m in Houston County Electric CoOp service area

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,007 Posts
Where were you working? Our place lost power for 16 hours and there are still widely reported outages.

I’m in Houston County Electric CoOp service area

Initially I went west to the Eastland area during the day on Sunday and ended up spending the night in Waco. Spent most of Monday around Palestine and yesterday I was in Crockett and Lovelady. Everything on our system was back to normal this morning so I came back home.

·
Finally! Wheels on!
9,485 Posts
Initially I went west to the Eastland area during the day on Sunday and ended up spending the night in Waco. Spent most of Monday around Palestine and yesterday I was in Crockett and Lovelady. Everything on our system was back to normal this morning so I came back home.
Yep. You were in my hood. I’m about 20 miles east of Crockett. About to pull the trigger on a 20kw standby gen set. That grid is as fragile as Russ’ ego

·
Premium Member
1,007 Posts
my oldest is in the local career center for electrical technology. His ultimate goal is to become a lineman.
I never had intentions of doing it for a living but here I am 18 years into my career. He should try to speak with someone at the local utility company where he wants to work. They can point him in the right direction as far as their requirements.

·
Premium Member
1,007 Posts
Yep. You were in my hood. I’m about 20 miles east of Crockett. About to pull the trigger on a 20kw standby gen set. That grid is as fragile as Russ’ ego

That’s strange because the few CoOps we have around here have a very solid reputation for reliability. Their only downfall is they just don’t have the manpower to get stuff done fast when shit hits the fan.

·
Finally! Wheels on!
9,485 Posts
In all fairness to the CoOp (and Russ’ ego ;-)) they do a good job, but with 3 women in the house they don’t tolerate no ac or internet very well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20,362 Posts
In all fairness to the CoOp (and Russ’ ego ;-)) they do a good job, but with 3 women in the house they don’t tolerate no ac or internet very well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
i like walking by the modem and just unplugging it and plugging back in then watching the events unfold. Pretty humorous to me.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Your talking about this stuff and I ripped the phone line out at a job this morning 😂
It was only about 18ft from where it was supposed to be and running straight through a septic bed
20210114_124052.jpg

·
Registered
5,360 Posts
Your talking about this stuff and I ripped the phone line out at a job this morning 😂
It was only about 18ft from where it was supposed to be and running straight through a septic bed View attachment 1083616
That was a special one for talking dirty.

Reactions: harnold

·
Registered
10,583 Posts
Evening fellers. Got the flatbed buttoned up and drove it today. Runs good just being on the stock tune. Not really any smoke, idles smooth after it ran for a little, and starts better than it ever has. Fwiw It had 3 different brands of injectors in it, couple stripped upper valve cover bolts, lowers,one of the hp line nuts was rounded off, 2 missing keepers, both back ones which are hard to get to. He probabaly forgot them then didnt want to tear it back down. Filler neck on the flatbed was rigged together like shit. Cleaned all that up.
A supposed diesel "mechanic" owned it before me. The more i tear into the more hatred i develop for this feller.
ill get some tunes for it tomorrow. Need to get up with him and see if he wants this OS read out or to use an 01 02 as they are more forgiving. All said n done it got 45% over sacs, boost valve, new intake, airdog, sleeves, and new stainless steel brake lines.

·
Registered
10,583 Posts

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Evening fellers. Got the flatbed buttoned up and drove it today. Runs good just being on the stock tune. Not really any smoke, idles smooth after it ran for a little, and starts better than it ever has. Fwiw It had 3 different brands of injectors in it, couple stripped upper valve cover bolts, lowers,one of the hp line nuts was rounded off, 2 missing keepers, both back ones which are hard to get to. He probabaly forgot them then didnt want to tear it back down. Filler neck on the flatbed was rigged together like shit. Cleaned all that up.
A supposed diesel "mechanic" owned it before me. The more i tear into the more hatred i develop for this feller.
ill get some tunes for it tomorrow. Need to get up with him and see if he wants this OS read out or to use an 01 02 as they are more forgiving. All said n done it got 45% over sacs, boost valve, new intake, airdog, sleeves, and new stainless steel brake lines.
I dunno if its just an Aussie thing but over here mechanics never looks after their cars, builders never finish their houses and etc etc
I do but I'm OCD about getting shit done

·
Premium Member
1,818 Posts
I dunno if its just an Aussie thing but over here mechanics never looks after their cars, builders never finish their houses and etc etc
I admit, I drag my feet a little more than I should but I still work on my own vehicles. After the debacle that I went through with paying to have the new roof put on the house I wish I knew more about, and could do more with, working on my house. I hate shitty work. I make the idiot assumption that everyone cares as much about the quality of work they do, that I do.

Morning all.

Reactions: harnold

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
Nic, as the old saying goes: Never buy a vehicle from a mechanic. We all know the reasons why as you have found out. Glad that you got all squared away.

Charles, I am in the same boat. We routinely lose power about once a month for no apparent reason, sometimes for just a few minutes, sometimes for hours. We too are considering a standby generator as I get tired of dragging out the portable gen set and hooking it up. Prices around here run between $12-$15k installed with the automatic transfer switch.

Morning to the crew.

·
Registered
5,360 Posts
It's the same here. Never buy a car from a mechanic.
Morning guys. My power came back yesterday right before I left for work. Grant is yours back yet?

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

·
Finally! Wheels on!
9,485 Posts
Nic, as the old saying goes: Never buy a vehicle from a mechanic. We all know the reasons why as you have found out. Glad that you got all squared away.

Charles, I am in the same boat. We routinely lose power about once a month for no apparent reason, sometimes for just a few minutes, sometimes for hours. We too are considering a standby generator as I get tired of dragging out the portable gen set and hooking it up. Prices around here run between $12-$15k installed with the automatic transfer switch.

Morning to the crew.
Try Norwall Power Systems. My TYD price for 20kw gen, transfer switch, and a load shedding switch is $5300

I’ll do the install except for pulling the meter and making the last connection to the ATS

Should be all in under $6500

Oh and trophy load securing

One small ratchet strap at the back

Reactions: JimmyD

·
Registered
18,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #78,400
Try Norwall Power Systems. My TYD price for 20kw gen, transfer switch, and a load shedding switch is $5300

I’ll do the install except for pulling the meter and making the last connection to the ATS

Should be all in under $6500

Oh and trophy load securing

One small ratchet strap at the back
Thats how all the pros do it!

Sent from my LM-G900 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Melonhead1102
78381 - 78400 of 78703 Posts