Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

82201 - 82220 of 82866 Posts

·
WOOD... man!
4,068 Posts
Me thinks the stolen truck is something personal.

·
WOOD... man!
4,068 Posts
In other news, you all want to hear something funny?

·
WOOD... man!
4,068 Posts
What did you do to your neighbor?
That's funny!
But no.

Couple things:
1. Yes, I still have one of my baby teeth.
2. Getting my teeth cleaned this morning revealed the adult tooth is starting to protrude behind the baby tooth.

Seeing an oral surgeon later this week for extraction, then an orthodontist for braces.
"Are you effing kiddin' me? Braces? Really? I'm going on 56 years old. How are the neighbors going to take me seriously when I'm yelling at them through braces?"

·
2017 GMC Denali 2500HD, 3.5" Rough Country Lift, 305/55R20 Yokohama Geolandar A/T
1,658 Posts
I'd own it, man. Get them to get you some gold colored braces so it looks like you have grills, then get a fake teardrop tattoo (or a real one, if you really want to sell it).

·
WOOD... man!
4,068 Posts
I'd own it, man. Get them to get you some gold colored braces so it looks like you have grills, then get a fake teardrop tattoo (or a real one, if you really want to sell it).
That's hilarious

Reactions: toxic

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Looks like they could have stolen a stock truck and been just as happy. Those boys need to be strung up by their nuts with a hot wire and beat with a bat.
Added a little to it

·
Registered
5,454 Posts
Hey Matt, guess what I finally installed?

Ok fine, I’ll show/tell you.

Also, some asshole thinks they’re funny. Ok, that’s me. I’m the asshole.

·
Premium Member
2,330 Posts

Now that you are employed over this way, you can get on over here and do mine next. You’re not going to like it though. 😆

·
Registered
5,454 Posts
Haha yeah ok Nick ;)

Hey, is it normal for Z-height to be about 1/2” different left to right? If I set them the same (level 4.75” from center of control arm pivot bolt), there is an obvious lean to one side.

DS is at 4.75” and PS is at 5.25”.

·
Premium Member
2,330 Posts
Haha yeah ok Nick ;)

Hey, is it normal for Z-height to be about 1/2” different left to right? If I set them the same (level 4.75” from center of control arm pivot bolt), there is an obvious lean to one side.

DS is at 4.75” and PS is at 5.25”.
Remember, Z trim height is measured over a much shorter difference than P (wheel well to ground) trim height is. Get Z as close as you can while making the truck sit level by the wheel wells.

Also, I always roll the truck back and forth once in between each adjustment. Don’t forget to check rear D/R trim heights too. They can affect the front. Fuel load can as well but I’m sure you’ve thought about that. Off the top of my head, I want to say 13-15 mm difference side for side is actual GM spec. Don’t quote me on that though. I can usually get front within 6-7 mm.

Reactions: cfell

·
Registered
5,454 Posts
There’s a lot of words there...

How do you even adjust the rear height?? And no, I didn’t think about fuel load. I have about half a tank.

I’ve read not to go by fender wells because things like tire inflation, wear, etc can affect that, but you’re the GM tech, so I’ll go with what you say :)

I’m going to get the truck out of the garage and drive it around a little and then recheck the heights. I’m kicking myself for not marking the bolts or taking some reference measurements before tearing it apart.

·
Registered
10,646 Posts
I kind of doubt it was stolen by someone who knew much about the truck. If they did they would have pulled all the bolt ons on the engine off and dropped ththe transmission and left the rest. Instead they took random bullshit off. Either way, glad its back man. Hope whoever stole it gets brought to justice wheather from the law or you.

·
Registered
2017, 2500HD, LTZ, front guard, Duraflap mudguards, Leer bed topper
572 Posts
I kind of doubt it was stolen by someone who knew much about the truck. If they did they would have pulled all the bolt ons on the engine off and dropped ththe transmission and left the rest. Instead they took random bullshit off. Either way, glad its back man. Hope whoever stole it gets brought to justice wheather from the law or you.
Let’s take up contributions for their “bail”…

·
Premium Member
2,330 Posts
There’s a lot of words there...

How do you even adjust the rear height?? And no, I didn’t think about fuel load. I have about half a tank.

I’ve read not to go by fender wells because things like tire inflation, wear, etc can affect that, but you’re the GM tech, so I’ll go with what you say :)

I’m going to get the truck out of the garage and drive it around a little and then recheck the heights. I’m kicking myself for not marking the bolts or taking some reference measurements before tearing it apart.
I’ll let you in on a little secret. I only set it off the wheel wells. Always have, always will. Customers see and measure it from there. I use Z trim height to make sure it’s not over extending the shocks, on a factory ride height truck, only, tbh.

The rear isn’t really adjustable but if it’s way off then it can twist the truck around enough to throw the front off too. Doubt that’s your issue though.

1/2 tank should be fine to set it up. Just know that it will be off left to right slightly with a full tank, that’s all.

Reactions: cfell

·
Registered
5,758 Posts

Damn it's about time. I installed the ones I bought from you right away.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

Reactions: rparlee

·
Registered
5,454 Posts
New problem is electrical. Had batteries tested, both good. Won’t start, just clicks. Screwdriver between terminals on starter - clicks. Hook up battery charger - starter spins/starts fine. Oreilly says the batteries are fine... I’m not so sure. 4 year old Exide AGM.

Threw a U1301 ‘class 2 short to battery’ code. Also a P2510 ‘ECM power relay sense circuit range/performance’.

I’m having a stiff drink.

Reactions: cfell and 1TRIKHD
82201 - 82220 of 82866 Posts