Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

82241 - 82260 of 82866 Posts

·
Registered
18,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82,242 ·
Morning fellas

Sent from my LM-G900 using Tapatalk

·
WOOD... man!
4,068 Posts
Chevy Cadillac GMC of Murfreesboro wanted me to sign a no liability waiver before doing the front passengers air bag recall.

Service writer sent me to the service advisors office. Told him no.

Service advisor sent me to service managers office.
He said the dash in those models of truck, combined with age, are prone to cracking when trying to remove them. Said they won't do the recall with a signed waiver.

I said I understood, but I'm not signing a waiver. A new dash was installed in the truck last Fall because it was cracked (which is true).

He did not ask for receipts, where the work was done or bothered to go look at the trucks dash for inspection.
Said they've had issues with most of them breaking in the past during air bag recall work and they had enough of paying for replacement dashes and they won't do the recall without a signed waiver.

Again I said I understood his position, but that doesn't change the fact GM wants the airbag recall done so they don't get sued over the possibility of physical and personal damage in the event the air bag is deployed. And it sounds to me like this is a dealership problem with cracking the dashes upon R&R and not a GM corporation concern because it certainly didn't mention having to sign a waiver in any of the three recall notices I received.

He said it's their policy and that's where we are on it.

I said I've already stated my position and I'm not signing a waiver that makes me responsible for someone elses work that may or may not break a part in my vehicle. Stated that I've never been to that dealership and won't be revisiting.

He said since I openly admitted to never being a customer there prior, they wouldn't expect me to be a customer in the future.

I said you don't know that. Maybe I will or maybe I won't, but my wife was born and raised in the Nashville area. She always drives new vehicles. Trades them in every 18 to 24 months. She's a type 1 diabetic and I like making sure she's in a safe and dependable vehicle. We certainly will not be entertaining the idea of any future purchases from that dealership.

He said I might try different GM dealerships around Nashville. There may be some tusay don't require a waiver to have the recall done.

-----------------------------------

Guys, I think crap like this is part of the reason society gets sue happy.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Sounds like you need to contact the GM district service rep for your area and see what he says about your recall experience with that dealer.

2007 2500HD Classic 4x4 LBZ

·
Registered
5,758 Posts
Can someone explain to me why the hell this forum is bleeping out M I C K? But i can type fuck....
Stupidity
Morning guys

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Blue06Sierra

·
Registered
5,758 Posts
This may be relevant to this thread. But if I dig the hole I will just go a little big a few more scoops is not a problem.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,454 Posts
It’s out. Turned over fine this morning but kind of sputtered and died. Second turn over was slower but it rumbled to life.

Kinda like me getting out of bed in the morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,985 Posts
Morning boys.

Randy, that bull shit. Definitely take your complaint to at least the district GM rep.

Had a similar experience with a GM dealership over breakage. Fought with the service manager for days over stuff they broke and unauthorized outsourcing.

Congratulations Ryan. Always a good feeling to have thing turn out good. An ambitious project for sure. Not many would take that on.

Sent from my SM-A705W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,454 Posts
Thanks Scott. Still cursing it though. Got up the road a ways and was bedding in the brake pads (power braking a little), lost all power and it threw a c0055 rear wheel speed sensor code. Jiggled battery cables and was able to get it started and back home.

Edit: rookie mistake.... passenger side block ground was still loose.

Edit edit: driver side loose, too. FML. So much frustration over the simplest shit.

·
Registered
20,996 Posts
It’s out. Turned over fine this morning but kind of sputtered and died. Second turn over was slower but it rumbled to life.

Kinda like me getting out of bed in the morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My OCD is full bore on the dust. She needs a full detail brother.

·
Registered
5,454 Posts
She got hosed down real quick before I drove it. But yes, it will he getting a wash and hopefully a full detail.

I have another project to take on after this is 100% road worthy, so it may have to wait.

Reactions: rwood64083

·
Premium Member
2,330 Posts
Thanks Scott. Still cursing it though. Got up the road a ways and was bedding in the brake pads (power braking a little), lost all power and it threw a c0055 rear wheel speed sensor code. Jiggled battery cables and was able to get it started and back home.

Edit: rookie mistake.... passenger side block ground was still loose.

Edit edit: driver side loose, too. FML. So much frustration over the simplest shit.
Figured it was a ground issue.

·
Registered
5,454 Posts

·
Registered
5,985 Posts
Well why didn’t you say “hey dumbass check your grounds!”? :D
He kinda did. Just didn't call you a dumbass.

It's amazing how many issues can be traced back to bad grounds on these trucks.

Sent from my SM-A705W using Tapatalk

Reactions: ChevyTech77

·
Registered
5,454 Posts
Back from alignment. Guess I did a pretty good job on the right camber from just eyeballing it. Lol

I saved Nicks notes from a while back.

“Camber = 0 degrees, both sides.
Caster = 3.5 degrees left and 4 degrees right.
Total toe = .15-.20 degrees for stock to 285 tires. I’ll go slightly more toe in for the bigger tires say .25 degrees.”

What say ye?

·
Registered
6,265 Posts
🤔That fresh paint keeps the grounds from corroding?

Reactions: rwood64083

·
Registered
20,996 Posts
I still think my sons truck which is a LB7 has a ground issue causing the security light to be on. It’s been on since the truck got painted and the whole front end was apart for over a month.

·
Premium Member
2,330 Posts
Ryan, voltage drop your batteries cables. All of them. And make sure you put the grounds down on the front frame tips on the frame and not the core support.

Morning gents.
Well why didn’t you say “hey dumbass check your grounds!”? :D
Hey dumbass, read what I said this morning and check your grounds. :ROFLMAO:

Back from alignment. Guess I did a pretty good job on the right camber from just eyeballing it. Lol

I saved Nicks notes from a while back.

“Camber = 0 degrees, both sides.
Caster = 3.5 degrees left and 4 degrees right.
Total toe = .15-.20 degrees for stock to 285 tires. I’ll go slightly more toe in for the bigger tires say .25 degrees.”

What say ye?

Why didn’t they set it where I told you to have them set it? I mean, to me, that looks like they just “got it in the green”, and gave it back to you. They literally dropped both left front cam bolts in and set the toe. They never touched the right side. It’s not horrible but I’m as picky with my alignments as you are your frame paint, bud. LOL

·
Premium Member
2,330 Posts
I still think my sons truck which is a LB7 has a ground issue causing the security light to be on. It’s been on since the truck got painted and the whole front end was apart for over a month.
If they had the core support off, they probably put the grounds on the wrong spot up there.

82241 - 82260 of 82866 Posts