Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

83961 - 83980 of 84328 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,109 Posts
Oh my Randy. Top shelf material there. (y)

Got the septic system inspected yesterday. No surprise, the drain field needs to be replaced. What the hell, it is only money. LOL.

Morning gents.

·
Registered
6,090 Posts
Morning boys.
You guys and guns.

silly things.

when there’s no ammo left I’ll be in the tree with my bow. LOL
I have bows too. I'm an equal opportunity offender.

Sent from my SM-A705W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,090 Posts
Joe, this will determine our level of friendship going forward:

Where does your brand loyalty lie with bows?
I have a couple of Dartons.
An old 1100 that was just rebuilt and a 3800. Both like new now.

Sent from my SM-A705W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,829 Posts
IMO they are all within 3-5% of each other. Also you should be brand loyal to a bow. Shoot what feels best and checks your boxes. I wanted a fast bow and ended up with middle of the row due to draw cycle, how it felt in the hand, vibration or lack there of after shot, ability to get parts and ability to work on it myself. Ended up with a Mathews traverse a few years ago but also have 2 hoyts. Pse, bow tech, prime, and everyone else makes such good stuff you’d be hard pressed to go wrong anymore

IMO it’s like a gun, they are like different ammo. Hornady may work in yours but not in mine. My 7-08 really like Remington core lock 140’s but the 270 like hornady American whitetail 130’s. 300 wsm eats almost anything put in it. Doing some bullet, powder testing soon to find its break and butter. 22-250 likes Sierra 50-55 blitzking, 223 likes hornady vmax.

They are like our feet. A boot is different to everyone so find what works and checks your boxes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
2017 GMC Denali 2500HD, 3.5" Rough Country Lift, 305/55R20 Yokohama Geolandar A/T
1,869 Posts
I was just hoping to piss him off, guys. Then you come in here and ruin the fun.

I have a Matthews currently, but my previous was a Bear that I really enjoyed as well. I shot an Elite a few years ago and that was a smooth shooter. There's a few others I want to try out as well, but right now I just target shoot because I have zero time to hunt. Too many soccer games and practices in the fall to entertain bow hunting.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Now where did I put that 7mm Mauser? Know I had it around here somewhere.
Oh hell somebody said Mauser! This is one of my antiques, I wish I knew more history on it but all I’ve got so far is it’s got “WAFFEN STORMER - SCHWEINFURT” stamped on top the barrel and I found this old pic of the Waffen Stormer sporting goods store in Schweinfurt Germany. If you look close you can see rifles in the corner of the window, this one could have been one of those. The craftsmanship on this rifle is amazing. The action is smooth as silk, the set trigger works, blueing is immaculate and it will send bullets through the same hole all day. It had a nice Nikon scope when I bought it but the mounts were for something else and didn’t look right. I have an antique set of correct mounts and a old Weaver fixed 4x scope for it if I ever get around to mounting
I

·
Premium Member
2,524 Posts
Half way up north and our first stop at 220 miles in. Cruise set at 75, a/c on ice mode, 14 mpg in the 87 degree air, cant complain. These tires even suck pulling this light of a load. 16’ steel trailer with the 4 seat rzr on it. Can’t wait to swap these things out for something better next week.

·
WOOD... man!
4,201 Posts
Oh hell somebody said Mauser! This is one of my antiques, I wish I knew more history on it but all I’ve got so far is it’s got “WAFFEN STORMER - SCHWEINFURT” stamped on top the barrel and I found this old pic of the Waffen Stormer sporting goods store in Schweinfurt Germany. If you look close you can see rifles in the corner of the window, this one could have been one of those. The craftsmanship on this rifle is amazing. The action is smooth as silk, the set trigger works, blueing is immaculate and it will send bullets through the same hole all day. It had a nice Nikon scope when I bought it but the mounts were for something else and didn’t look right. I have an antique set of correct mounts and a old Weaver fixed 4x scope for it if I ever get around to mounting
I View attachment 1088528

View attachment 1088529
Good read. Thanks for sharing.
Mines Spanish made in 1928. Unfortunately a previous owner used what looks like a disc grinder on one side of the bayonet. Good news is it appears only one swipe was made and I think with a little finesse it can be sanded and buffed to OK status.

Reactions: Melonhead1102

·
WOOD... man!
4,201 Posts
I'll just leave this right here.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts

I guess my favorite is my Remington model 1893 10 gauge double barrel, or the Mauser.....or the Mosin.....or the....yeah I have a problem. A buddy of mine is really big into preWWII bolt actions. He has a double triggered Mauser as well, along with a 1903 Springfield 30-40 Krag that will make you drool. He refinishes all his guns into museum quality pieces......then goes deer hunting with them:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
Hey Harnold, what is a Torana? I am a huge car guy and dig seeing what comes out of Australia. You guys build some wicked cars.

View attachment 1088522
It was Holden's answer to Ford winning at Bathurst. Light weight with a 308 cu in v8.
Or the early ones had a 3.3l 6 cylinder with triple side draughts etc
All road cars
images (1) (1).jpeg
download.jpeg
images (1) (2).jpeg

·
WOOD... man!
4,201 Posts
View attachment 1088535

I guess my favorite is my Remington model 1893 10 gauge double barrel, or the Mauser.....or the Mosin.....or the....yeah I have a problem. A buddy of mine is really big into preWWII bolt actions. He has a double triggered Mauser as well, along with a 1903 Springfield 30-40 Krag that will make you drool. He refinishes all his guns into museum quality pieces......then goes deer hunting with them:rolleyes:
Like the Mosin's eh?

·
Registered
6,341 Posts
DC raffled off some old stock ladders today. Over half the employees got a ladder. Won a 3 piece extension ladder.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Like the Mosin's eh?
I like MY mosin:cool:
Although I’m in a bit of a panic. I don’t reload, I’d LOOOOVE to learn it but I don’t have time. My mosin really really likes some Swedish made Norma 150 soft tips I bought at a pawn shop dirt cheap because the owner didn’t know what a “7m Russian” was. I bought all 5 boxes and I’m down to my last box. Couple deer, an elk, several coyotes and I’ve blown a lot of it just proving to people just how damn good this 80 year old Russian “ugly piece of shit” (my dads words) infantry rifle will shoot with the right ammo.

·
WOOD... man!
4,201 Posts
I like MY mosin:cool:
Although I’m in a bit of a panic. I don’t reload, I’d LOOOOVE to learn it but I don’t have time. My mosin really really likes some Swedish made Norma 150 soft tips I bought at a pawn shop dirt cheap because the owner didn’t know what a “7m Russian” was. I bought all 5 boxes and I’m down to my last box. Couple deer, an elk, several coyotes and I’ve blown a lot of it just proving to people just how damn good this 80 year old Russian “ugly piece of shit” (my dads words) infantry rifle will shoot with the right ammo.
View attachment 1088540
Yours looks a bit more modernized.
Mine stays in a somewhat original state. Not too often, but my favorite to shoot. Scope needs adjustment. I like open sights anyway 😎

83961 - 83980 of 84328 Posts