Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

83981 - 84000 of 84320 Posts

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
They've just announced a campaign to target tuning. Billboards everywhere

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
:LOL:
Yours looks a bit more modernized.
Dammit...sorry for the long post
Mine was original for the first couple years. My brother bought it for me for Christmas. Local gun shop got several wooden crates of Mosins in and was letting them go $75 for a rifle and 300 round sealed “spam can” of Russian surplus ammo. My dad kinda made an ass of himself and called it an ugly piece of shit, which hurt my brothers feelings but we laughed it off.....more on that later. We played around with it a few times and I forgot about it until I was doing some bored internet surfing and ran across some really nice fixed up Mosins and that lit the fire. Had it reblued, Boyd’s stock, Rock Solid Industries bolt handle and scope base, Warne rings, Bushnell Elite 4x12 with .30 caliber drop compensator, shortened and recrowned the ungodly long factory barrel, polished the trigger, sear, bolt parts, and started testing different factory loads and found those Normas to be the hole punchers of choice. I had shot it out to 300 and the drop compensator was right on the money at 100-200–300. I jokingly named her Vlad the Destroyer.

Now for the rest of the story. Dad hadn’t seen the Mosin since I did all the work to it. I showed it him and he didn’t believe how well it shot until I outshot his brand new Remington 700 :cool: He still told me I was nuts for spending money on it and we continued to give each other shit until that glorious day when he asked if he could borrow it for a coworkers kid he was taking hunting. He called me the next day, the kid had flaked out on him. He told me he took my gun out, with the INTENTION of missing a deer so he could rub it in my face. Big fat doe walks out, he hit her with the rangefinder at 416 yards. He laughed and said he couldn’t wait to call me and tell me my gun was crap. He said I put that 400 crosshair right behind her shoulder......eased the trigger back.......

I said “did you miss?”

Silence.

I said well what happened did you miss?

He sighs and says that bitch dropped like a sack of taters:LOL::LOL:😬🥳(y):ROFLMAO: Dont mess with Vlad the Destroyer!!!!!!!

·
Registered
6,088 Posts
They've just announced a campaign to target tuning. Billboards everywhere
Do you have emissions testing? How are they going to know you have a tune?

That's going to be expensive to get diagnostic software to do that type of testing across all brands.

They stopped emissions testing here several years ago. Not enough were failing to warrant the cost of running the system. It was only in the greater Vancouver area anyway.

Here, if they pull you over and suspect that you have modified your vehicle from stock, they give you an inspection order. Cost my son over $3k to bring his Ram back to the appearance of stock emissions. Didn't work right, but it looked good enough to pass.

They like to target the younger guys with lifted trucks with tires poking out past the fenders (wings for you Hayden) and tinted windows.

Sent from my SM-A705W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
I assume if you have n

That's going to be expensive to get diagnostic software to do that type of testing across all brands.

They stopped emissions testing here several years ago. Not enough were failing to warrant the cost of running the system. It was only in the greater Vancouver area anyway.

Here, if they pull you over and suspect that you have modified your vehicle from stock, they give you an inspection order. Cost my son over $3k to bring his Ram back to the appearance of stock emissions. Didn't work right, but it looked good enough to pass.

They like to target the younger guys with lifted trucks with tires poking out past the fenders (wings for you Hayden) and tinted windows.

No not usually but the national heavy vehicle registrar has gone country wide so I assume they are bringing their tester down?
I'm not sure how it will all work, my trucks registered as a car but they still pull over cars and check them. I assume if they can't see your dpf? I don't know what to do with mine it's constantly playing up and drinking diesel if I knew it was just a repair notice and no fine I'd take it off because I'm sick of it leaking diesel on my driveway and doing 6 day burns

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts

Pretty much the same here. The guys running deleted in a civil manner don't get messed with. Our Highway Patrol likes to get the kids acting stupid and anyone running commercially. The inspection shops are starting to crack down though and are failing guys so you have to be careful where you take one for that. I don't know anything about it though cuzz I legal and have a warranty.

·
Finally! Wheels on!
9,765 Posts
Gun talk. Joe, If I run out of ammo, there’s a bigger problem. Pretty sure I have enough to to last multiple lifetimes....

Here is my favorite stick. I’ll put it up against anything inside 1000. GA Precision 308, 20 inch barrel, S&B PMII and a Thunderbeast 30P1 can, Jewel trigger, McMillan stock, Badger bottom, ACIS mags, Atlas Bipod. Norma brass, Varget powder and 155 Lapua Scenars.

I also have ballistics software if anyone wants some modeled data on loads. I just need to replace the power supply on the desktop its on but its pretty spot on. I developed the load for the GAP above and for the first 300 blk I built. It’s a little conservative but not too far off and I verify with an Oehler 35P chrono.

300 blk pistol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,340 Posts
Why you have that pointed at your truck?....

·
Finally! Wheels on!
9,765 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
I assume if you have n

No not usually but the national heavy vehicle registrar has gone country wide so I assume they are bringing their tester down?
I'm not sure how it will all work, my trucks registered as a car but they still pull over cars and check them. I assume if they can't see your dpf? I don't know what to do with mine it's constantly playing up and drinking diesel if I knew it was just a repair notice and no fine I'd take it off because I'm sick of it leaking diesel on my driveway and doing 6 day burns
How hard is it to replace the leaking injector and maybe get the dpf cleaned? Do you need a fancy scanner to recalibrate after replacing the injector? I know there's shops around here that do the dpf cleanings. Would be nice if they were easier to service. I watched a youtube video of a guy pulling the dpf on his Mack and cleaning it in the driveway.

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
How hard is it to replace the leaking injector and maybe get the dpf cleaned? Do you need a fancy scanner to recalibrate after replacing the injector? I know there's shops around here that do the dpf cleanings. Would be nice if they were easier to service. I watched a youtube video of a guy pulling the dpf on his Mack and cleaning it in the driveway.
It's 1600 bucks to get it cleaned
Nah I can do all of that with the snap on tool. Might just get another injector and try it

It's just the fuel economy that sucks after running deleted.

·
Registered
6,340 Posts

·
Registered
6,088 Posts
Can y'all stop posting the cool shit.
I'm feeling discriminated against
It makes me sad too.
The Liberals say that they are only used to kill the most number of people in the shortest possible time.

Unfortunately, the evidence shows that is not correct. We have only been able to use some of those for range use only since 1977. They don't like the evidence and banned them anyway.

Liberal logic. I know, that's an oxymoron.

Reactions: harnold

·
Registered
6,088 Posts
We are in Big Bay and yes.

Either AT3’s or Michelin AT2’s, as of now.
I vote for AT3 XLT if you can find them.
Great on dirt, snow, pavement both wet and dry. No issues towing with them either. I run LT285/75R16

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
It's 1600 bucks to get it cleaned
Nah I can do all of that with the snap on tool. Might just get another injector and try it

It's just the fuel economy that sucks after running deleted.
Maybe the injector is all you need to straighten out your problem. Worth a shot.

·
Premium Member
2,524 Posts
I vote for AT3 XLT if you can find them.
Great on dirt, snow, pavement both wet and dry. No issues towing with them either. I run LT285/75R16

I didn’t think the XLTs were available in load range e’s.

I’m so gun shy now, I’ll probably go back to 245’s.

83981 - 84000 of 84320 Posts