Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
88681 - 88700 of 88825 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,277 Posts
That sucks nick
What job did you apply for

You mean young know everything's? Lol
You say they know fuck nothing but they know fuck all 🤣
Damn I just got out of a roof licensing course.
I missed last night so I had to catch up with whole night and some how I managed to finish 20mins before the rest of the class.
There was a few switched on individuals in there is all I can say
That sucks Nick, not even an interview, thats a punch in the gut. Maybe something better will come up.

Sent from my LM-G900 using Tapatalk
Thanks guys. No big yank. I like where I am. This new position would have been more of a support role with less physical but more mental strain. The pay increase would have been minimal so maybe it is a blessing in disguise. I just either need to get off my ass and get in shape (and not the round kind of shape) or get off the floor because I’m not sure how many more years of 40-60 hour weeks of this that my body has in it. And yes I know, the hours aren’t shit. 😄

·
Registered
3,841 Posts
Thanks guys. No big yank. I like where I am. This new position would have been more of a support role with less physical but more mental strain. The pay increase would have been minimal so maybe it is a blessing in disguise. I just either need to get off my ass and get in shape (and not the round kind of shape) or get off the floor because I’m not sure how many more years of 40-60 hour weeks of this that my body has in it. And yes I know, the hours aren’t shit. 😄
Yeah my plan is to scale back the physical by 45 because my body will be shot.
You'd think giving em that many hours they'd give you an interview at least. Maybe your just too good where you are and they know it

·
Finally! Wheels on!
10,058 Posts
Nick the later you start the harder it gets to improve your health. Don’t wait until you have a massive health issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: JimmyD

·
Registered
21,731 Posts
Found out this morning that I am not even getting an interview for either of the two positions I applied for back at the end of July. Young knownothings got them of course.

Oh and my boss is done on Oct. 1st. Can’t wait to see who my new boss is. 😣

One thing that never changes in the automotive business is that there is always change.
that sucks man. Sorry to hear

·
Registered
21,731 Posts
Had a individual that had Wednesday through Friday off for vaca (unpaid)

she got her ass ripped yesterday for not doing her job and ultimately causing the last person to quit yesterday morning. That leads into today so she called off today “sick”. As of Monday she will be demoted and her position will be open. If she has any issues she will be terminated.

·
Premium Member
2018 Silverado 3500 LTZ Z71 L5P CCSB
337 Posts
In Farmington at the RV park at Lagoon. What area are you in? We will be here till Monday.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk
That's on my way home from work. I'll honk as I drive home today.

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Morning guys.

Provincial government mandated all those involved in health care either directly or indirectly must be vaccinated by October 27th or be suspended until vaccinated. Includes volunteers, maintenance, contractors, everyone.

Sent from my SM-A705W using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,277 Posts
Yeah my plan is to scale back the physical by 45 because my body will be shot.
You'd think giving em that many hours they'd give you an interview at least. Maybe your just too good where you are and they know it
Rumor flying around late this morning now is that I, and possibly one other candidate, were blocked, by my now outgoing boss. So there will be some discussions had. I know he likes me and told me he didn’t want to see me go but said he wouldn’t hold me up if I applied. Time to see if he held up his end of the bargain.

Nick the later you start the harder it gets to improve your health. Don’t wait until you have a massive health issue.

I know Charles and I already have some issues. Before covid I was doing pretty good. 2-3 days a week minimum in the gym/pool. If I could quit eating, like I quit smoking cigs 10 years ago, I’d be 200lbs, easy. 🤣

·
Registered
6,327 Posts
So you guys who live near here is the museum at Hill worth going to? Normally we are here for the coasters but they aren't open till Thursday and only at night for Frightfest. So we are doing things we have wanted to do and looking for properties. We want to move either here or Twin Falls ID. We want to live in a free state. The advantage to ID is we can keep our OR permits as it's a border state to them. Not that we have any gunz cuz we is skeeerd of em.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2018 Silverado 3500 LTZ Z71 L5P CCSB
337 Posts
I haven't been there in about 20 years but it was pretty cool museum. Hopefully it is still like it was. If you like air force stuff and planes I am sure you would like it.

·
Registered
6,327 Posts
Thanks I think we will go tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,327 Posts
I just checked it's open tomorrow. I was surprised to see it's free. Nothing is free in communist states like Washington. I have about 1 and a half years left to retire. But I would cash in an IRA to buy something in a free state now. I really want out of commie Washington.

·
Registered
19,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #88,695 ·
I just checked it's open tomorrow. I was surprised to see it's free. Nothing is free in communist states like Washington. I have about 1 and a half years left to retire. But I would cash in an IRA to buy something in a free state now. I really want out of commie Washington.

Save me a spot Matt, or we can go in on a big piece of property together.

·
Registered
19,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #88,696 ·
Waiting in the city of seattle to come tap the side sewer. Then we can make our connection and bring it into the jobsite. Then its back into the crossroad to grab another storm line and bring that one in as well.

·
Premium Member
3,643 Posts
Waiting in the city of seattle to come tap the side sewer. Then we can make our connection and bring it into the jobsite. Then its back into the crossroad to grab another storm line and bring that one in as well.

Couldn’t make it all fancy like and tie in where that y already is?

·
Registered
19,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #88,698 ·
Couldn’t make it all fancy like and tie in where that y already is?

Ummmm no Justin

·
Registered
6,327 Posts
We ended up going to the Hill Aerospace Museum today. It's better than Seattle's Museum of Flight by a lot. And that one ain't free. A big part of its Boeing history anyway. Although The Museum of Flight has a space section that is really nice.

88681 - 88700 of 88825 Posts