Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
88821 - 88840 of 90215 Posts

·
WOOD... man!
4,665 Posts
Reactions: Noble_dmax

·
Registered
19,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #88,822 ·
RC is 26 years old. He's been with me since 5 months old.
Yeah he is getting up there in age thats for sure

Sent from my LM-G900 using Tapatalk

Reactions: rwood64083

·
WOOD... man!
4,665 Posts

·
Registered
19,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #88,825 ·
Operator life.

Sent from my LM-G900 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2021 Denali HD Fabtech Lift and 37s
397 Posts
Generally you cook it. Cube it and coat in sauce and cook to caramelize the sauce.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Exactly what I’m doing. She’s stalled out currently and I left my butcher paper I normally wrap with at the lake. I cranked the temp up to 275 to help it along.

Attachments

Reactions: lutzjk913

·
Premium Member
3,436 Posts
Exactly what I’m doing. She’s stalled out currently and I left my butcher paper I normally wrap with at the lake. I cranked the temp up to 275 to help it along.
That’s why I gave up doing brisket low and slow. Hot and fast. Get that thing to 205, wrap it up and put it in the cooler. 3-4ish hours cook time, 5-6 hours rest. Melts in your mouth just like low and slow with zero difference in flavor profile. I’m too impatient for that stall bs. 🤣

Reactions: Bruizza

·
Premium Member
3,436 Posts
Oooohhhh…….. Shiny stuff……..
Tire Wheel Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle

And 12 lbs lighter than stock to boot. Not to mention that while it adds a little noise, it passes Michigan dB testing. 👍🏻
Asphalt Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive exterior Sports gear

·
Finally! Wheels on!
10,164 Posts
Saw one of these today. It was pretty cool

·
Registered
6,545 Posts
I had a 77 Suburban with that paint scheme. Lol

Sent from my SM-A705W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2021 Denali HD Fabtech Lift and 37s
397 Posts
That’s why I gave up doing brisket low and slow. Hot and fast. Get that thing to 205, wrap it up and put it in the cooler. 3-4ish hours cook time, 5-6 hours rest. Melts in your mouth just like low and slow with zero difference in flavor profile. I’m too impatient for that stall bs. 🤣
If I don’t have my traeger and I’m using my stick burning smoker I do hot and fast briskets. I’m not tending the fire every 2-3 hours for 18-24 hours!!!!

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Saw one of these today. It was pretty cool

There’s a guy here in my town that has one of those that’s dark blue and silver. It’s sharp as hell. His has aluminum rims but they’re the old looking polished American Racing type with the small holes. I don’t know if they’re stock or he added them. I’ll snap a pic next time I see it. Did I mention it’s sharp as hell?
Wheel Automotive tire Rim Bicycle part Automotive wheel system

Reactions: rwood64083

·
Premium Member
5,628 Posts
If I don’t have my traeger and I’m using my stick burning smoker I do hot and fast briskets. I’m not tending the fire every 2-3 hours for 18-24 hours!!!!
I wouldn't even attempt it without my Traeger. Three hours on smoke then 12 to 14 @ 180° it doesn't even need to be sliced I shred it with tongs. If lucky enough to have leftover it makes the best chili you've ever had... But when it's that good leftover is like a unicorn...

·
Premium Member
3,436 Posts
All I have is a 18” Weber Smokey Mountain and a cheaper electric for quick/small cooks and sides. My WSM is practically set it and forget it. Can’t be beat for a coal burner, IMO. Plus it’s the right size to take with us camping.

I wouldn't even attempt it without my Traeger. Three hours on smoke then 12 to 14 @ 180° it doesn't even need to be sliced I shred it with tongs. If lucky enough to have leftover it makes the best chili you've ever had... But when it's that good leftover is like a unicorn...
I put leftover smoked meat in all kinds of stuff. Ask Joe. He gets pictures of it all the time via text. 😆

·
Finally! Wheels on!
10,164 Posts
There’s a guy here in my town that has one of those that’s dark blue and silver. It’s sharp as hell. His has aluminum rims but they’re the old looking polished American Racing type with the small holes. I don’t know if they’re stock or he added them. I’ll snap a pic next time I see it. Did I mention it’s sharp as hell?
View attachment 1092260
One i saw today was a duramax too

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
One i saw today was a duramax too

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Ok so I just assumed the guy here had his painted for the old school look. Is this some kind of factory thing or aftermarket custom job? The truck here I’m 99.9% sure is a half ton gasser. The owner is one of the managers at our local grocery store It sits in the parking lot all the time. I’ll do some further snooping this weekend.

88821 - 88840 of 90215 Posts