Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
89021 - 89040 of 90094 Posts

·
Registered
21,918 Posts
Good morning, crew. Let the day begin.

My boys and I pee outside all the time. I had to yell at my 8 year old the other day because the little terrorist didn't even go out the door to pee when he was downstairs. Just opened the slider and peed all over the back patio. I'm like wtf kid? You couldn't walk 10 more feet and pee in the grass???

Our 3 year old son pees anywhere and everywhere. His favorite time to pee is in a crowd at a sporting event. You know, where he has the biggest audience. And he walks just far enough away from us to do it that he can get started before we catch him. And there's no stopping mid stream. We all know that.
my 4 year old does that at our baseball games. He whips it out and pisses on the fence mid game. Of the joys of having kids

·
Registered
21,918 Posts
'morning boys.

Susan's a type 1 diabetic. Her blood sugar monitor/insulin pump was beeping half the night while b/s numbers slowly climbed after she had a low b/s incident about 10:30pm.

Tired, dragging and going after a second cup of coffee ☕
View attachment 1092400
hope she is doing better man

·
Registered
21,918 Posts
news on the new house.

Inspection is about 90% complete. Waiting on well and septic but am not expecting anything on those really.

we are pushing to move forward with selling our place and getting this one whole deal wrapped up. It’s been 4 months already. Going to be a mad dash once we get the go ahead. Of all goes well I’ll have 3 weeks to get the pad prepped for the new barn. This isn’t including all the other shit that needs done. Should be interesting but the wife and I are excited though.

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
Reactions: rwood64083

·
Super Moderator
2017 GMC Denali 2500HD, 3.5" Rough Country Lift, 305/55R20 Yokohama Geolandar A/T
2,830 Posts
my 4 year old does that at our baseball games. He whips it out and pisses on the fence mid game. Of the joys of having kids
We were at one of my oldest daughter's softball games this summer and the 3 year old drops his pants next to some people to pee. The lady giggles (because she can see our frantic faces from 20ft away) then tells him he should turn and face the fence. She meant the fence behind us and the players. He thought she was talking about the fence on the side of the softball diamond. So my daughter's team all got to see her baby brother's wiener.

·
WOOD... man!
4,664 Posts
Thanks guys.
Susan is doing fine.
Typical low blood sugar or rarely a seizure is usually over, done and taken care of in short order. Then everything is back to normal. She gets good sleep and I'm worn out more than usual. Wouldn't have it any other way.

·
Registered
6,449 Posts
Morning guys.

Ah, the beauty of owning 25 acres. You can piss wherever you like without concern about who may see.

Well my 2 year old MacBook Pro decided to take a dump last night. So, it is off for repair next week. Have been a Mac guy for a number of years and have never had one fail until now.

Be safe out there.
Hunter Biden wants to know what the repair guy will see.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,449 Posts
Morning guys. In a rest area for the night about 15 minutes from the Washington border. Going to Spudnuts in the tri cities for some potato flour doughnuts. They are actually very good. Then we will stop at Miners in Yakima for lunch. One of the best one off burger places anywhere. We will get home some time today.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,541 Posts
Morning guys.

Sent from my SM-A705W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
'morning boys.

Susan's a type 1 diabetic. Her blood sugar monitor/insulin pump was beeping half the night while b/s numbers slowly climbed after she had a low b/s incident about 10:30pm.

Tired, dragging and going after a second cup of coffee ☕
View attachment 1092400
The Mrs daughter has a pump too, its a lot of work to count all the carbs and manage it for a 4 year old kid. The rest of us don't realise how easy we have it

·
Registered
6,541 Posts
The Mrs daughter has a pump too, its a lot of work to count all the carbs and manage it for a 4 year old kid. The rest of us don't realise how easy we have it
My wife, among other things, is diabetic. Type 2, so no needles or pumps. She can control it, mostly, by diet and exercise. Always a challenge though.

·
WOOD... man!
4,664 Posts
Is she type 1 or type 2?
Susan has been Type 1 since 10 years of age and has seen many changes in endocrinology.

As long as Susan and I have been together we've always shared the responsibility of counting carbs during her meals and seeing if we're close to same count.
As an adult you have to factor times of physical exertion, particularly if the diabetic is sedentary. Also account for mental and emotional stress which eats up carbs about as quickly as physical exertion.

My niece was diagnosed with type 1 at eight years old. She's in college now. Doing well will managing her diabetes. She picked up quite a few things from Susan and what she had to deal with at a young age.

Reactions: Blue06Sierra

·
Registered
6,541 Posts
My MIL was diabetic most of her life. Type 1 in the last 15 years at least of her life. She passed away in 2005 (age 75), so significant improvements in health care over the last 16 years.

With the index the Canada uses, 5 to 7 is the normal range for blood sugars. She would swing from 2 to over 30 in minutes. They couldn't control it even when in hospital. The nurses had never seen a case like hers.

• Sad
Reactions: rwood64083

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
Is she type 1 or type 2?
Susan has been Type 1 since 10 years of age and has seen many changes in endocrinology.

As long as Susan and I have been together we've always shared the responsibility of counting carbs during her meals and seeing if we're close to same count.
As an adult you have to factor times of physical exertion, particularly if the diabetic is sedentary. Also account for mental and emotional stress which eats up carbs about as quickly as physical exertion.

My niece was diagnosed with type 1 at eight years old. She's in college now. Doing well will managing her diabetes. She picked up quite a few things from Susan and what she had to deal with at a young age.
Type 1 Randy
Yeah much the same kids up and down due to growth spurts and exercise too

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
news on the new house.

Inspection is about 90% complete. Waiting on well and septic but am not expecting anything on those really.

we are pushing to move forward with selling our place and getting this one whole deal wrapped up. It’s been 4 months already. Going to be a mad dash once we get the go ahead. Of all goes well I’ll have 3 weeks to get the pad prepped for the new barn. This isn’t including all the other shit that needs done. Should be interesting but the wife and I are excited though.
Hoping the best for you guys bud. 👍🏻

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Spent some of the company’s money today, 4 new Cooper Rugged Trek 285/70s because they didn’t have my beloved AT3 in ANY SIZE 😳
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Automotive tire Synthetic rubber

Brought it back to our shop for an oil change and to diagnose the clunk in the drivers front. FOUND IT.
Wood Automotive tire Gas Electric blue Automotive wheel system

Called our local dealer and by a miracle they had 2 bushings in stock (passenger side looked rough too). While our parts guy was on the phone with the dealer I said fuck it and told him to see if they had 4 shocks. THEY DID. I know they’re factory GM shocks but after 210k miles and a lot of beating off-road it made a world of difference in my truck. The best part is I don’t have a dime in any of it, I actually got paid for it 🤣

·
Super Moderator
2017 GMC Denali 2500HD, 3.5" Rough Country Lift, 305/55R20 Yokohama Geolandar A/T
2,830 Posts
Spent some of the company’s money today, 4 new Cooper Rugged Trek 285/70s because they didn’t have my beloved AT3 in ANY SIZE 😳
View attachment 1092418

Brought it back to our shop for an oil change and to diagnose the clunk in the drivers front. FOUND IT.
View attachment 1092419
Called our local dealer and by a miracle they had 2 bushings in stock (passenger side looked rough too). While our parts guy was on the phone with the dealer I said fuck it and told him to see if they had 4 shocks. THEY DID. I know they’re factory GM shocks but after 210k miles and a lot of beating off-road it made a world of difference in my truck. The best part is I don’t have a dime in any of it, I actually got paid for it 🤣

Let me know how you like those Rugged Treks. I'm planning to order some next week Friday with my paycheck.

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
View attachment 1092418

View attachment 1092419
Tires = just another commodity shortage.

89021 - 89040 of 90094 Posts