Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
89781 - 89800 of 90215 Posts

·
Registered
3,992 Posts
'morning boys. 'evening Hayden.

Coffee is good this morning.
This one:
View attachment 1092996

And this one:
View attachment 1092997
Hey Randy
Good morning
I've had 4 of these bad boys and I feel like bed time is upon me 🤣
Tin Beverage can Aluminum can Tin can Drink

Long story short the Mrs wanted to get back into dirt bikes so I took her to the ladies ride day.
So now she wants a bike, yeah saw that coming.
But my young bloke hasn't stopped talking about "motorcycles" since then and I picked him up from school and we are straight to the bike shop.
He is like a mini me this boy.
Wants to learn to weld and build things wants a motorbike.
In the age of electric everything and I want to sit on my ass he's bucking the trend
Ah I love it.

·
WOOD... man!
4,665 Posts
super cool man

got to admit. She’s good looking.
Yeah, she's cute. I dig freckles on a chick.

Her name is Elizabeth. I went to high school with her mom (Amy). Amy is a couple years younger than I and we both ran cross country together.

This kind of ties things together...
Elizabeth ran her first and only marathon 2 years ago where she lives in Chicago. Being a local and running for a charity group Elizabeth was chosen as one of the faces Nike used for promotion. Here's a photo:
Standing Art Gas Road surface Sidewalk

Forehead Lip Smile Chin Eyebrow

When Elizabeth found out I was running Chicago marathon she came out to support me. Literally lives in an apartment right along the course. Almost missed her. She didn't tell me she changed her hair color. Her mom Amy couldn't make it to Chicago and wanted photos.
Here's another photo of Elizabeth with her mom Amy:
Hairstyle Infrastructure Road surface Asphalt Waste container

·
WOOD... man!
4,665 Posts
Hey Randy
Good morning
I've had 4 of these bad boys and I feel like bed time is upon me 🤣 View attachment 1092998
Long story short the Mrs wanted to get back into dirt bikes so I took her to the ladies ride day.
So now she wants a bike, yeah saw that coming.
But my young bloke hasn't stopped talking about "motorcycles" since then and I picked him up from school and we are straight to the bike shop.
He is like a mini me this boy.
Wants to learn to weld and build things wants a motorbike.
In the age of electric everything and I want to sit on my ass he's bucking the trend
Ah I love it.
That's great he wants to be outdoors doing stuff. I remember being overly excited about getting a motorcyle. One of the best feelings ever. Decades later I'm still ridinh and have been involved in many different aspects of the hobby/sport. Taught Susan to ride couple of years after we met. 14 years later and she's on her fourth Harley Davidson.

Reactions: JimmyD

·
Registered
3,992 Posts
That's great he wants to be outdoors doing stuff. I remember being overly excited about getting a motorcyle. One of the best feelings ever. Decades later I'm still ridinh and have been involved in many different aspects of the hobby/sport. Taught Susan to ride couple of years after we met. 14 years later and she's on her fourth Harley Davidson.
I've been on em since I was 5.
I had a dexter daredevil. I don't know if you get them in the u.s 🤣
I gave up racing when I got my apprenticeship as a plumber, the boss said it's either the racing or the job you pick.
I had had a couple of bad accidents and lost time at work which was fair enough.
But after being at the track on the weekend I got the bug to get another 2 stroke, it's painful watching people virtually idle a bike round a motocross track, I used to have the edge when 125s were outputting as much power as a 250 four stroke but these days things have changed.
I might have a look into a ktm150 or something like that, I loved my beta 250rr but to much work to set it up for motocross

·
WOOD... man!
4,665 Posts
I've been on em since I was 5.
I had a dexter daredevil. I don't know if you get them in the u.s 🤣
I gave up racing when I got my apprenticeship as a plumber, the boss said it's either the racing or the job you pick.
I had had a couple of bad accidents and lost time at work which was fair enough.
But after being at the track on the weekend I got the bug to get another 2 stroke, it's painful watching people virtually idle a bike round a motocross track, I used to have the edge when 125s were outputting as much power as a 250 four stroke but these days things have changed.
I might have a look into a ktm150 or something like that, I loved my beta 250rr but to much work to set it up for motocross
My MX days and 4 wheeler racing days are long gone. Was a Motorcycle Safety Foundation coach for years teaching beginners how to ride. Spent a few years club racing road bikes and chasing championships. Sprint bikes were Honda CBR600 and a Kawasaki 250 Ninja. Also ran my own endurance team (4, 6, and 8 hour races) using two Suzuki SV650's. There isn't a road race track in the southeast US I haven't raced. After 27 regional championships and 2 national wins I hung up the racing. Got tired of all my money going to racing. That, and at my age, I wasn't going pro.

Occasionally I'll get on the track and be a control rider for one of the races schools. Next year I'm looking at filling in as a team rider on a friend's endurance team. I've debated putting my endurance team back together. Still have the bikes and all the necessary equipment. Maybe in a few years.

·
Registered
6,460 Posts
Morning guys. It's hump day.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

Reactions: rwood64083

·
Finally! Wheels on!
10,164 Posts
Morning boys

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #89,790 ·
Morning fellas. This insurance company is a joke. I got a email from my paint guy saying he recieved a check in the mail from the insurance company. I looked at the total and that was the total for the repairs Scott at SDP was suppose to get.
Looks like I got to get ahold of the insurance idiots and tell them to get everyone the right amount of money so I can have someone start work on my Fucking truck!

Great coffee Randy. Me Gusta!

Sent from my LM-G900 using Tapatalk

·
Finally! Wheels on!
10,164 Posts
I got rid of my bikes when my daughter was 18 months. Agreement with the wife is that I’ll get another when they go off to college.

Was building a pro street VTwin but probably get a bagger at my age now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
WOOD... man!
4,665 Posts
I got rid of my bikes when my daughter was 18 months. Agreement with the wife is that I’ll get another when they go off to college.

Was building a pro street VTwin but probably get a bagger at my age now

Never too old to race. I mean, ride sport bikes.

Not sure. Think there are 10 to 12 bikes in the shop and garage. Oldest being the 1965 Harley. Nicest being a Honda CBR1000RR purchased new, not a scratch on it and 2500 miles. Bike I ride the most is a '96 Suzuki 125 dual purpose. Make a lot of trips to Home Depot with it.

Reactions: duramaxsky

·
Registered
6,545 Posts
Morning guys.
Never really had the urge to get anything on 2 wheels. Didn't start riding quads until I was in my late 40s.

A work injury in 1995 slows me down enough to avoid anything too physically demanding.

Sent from my SM-A705W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21,941 Posts
I used to love riding dirt bikes and quads. Trail riding was the best and I still love it. As I got a little older I slowed down and got more into finding mud and water. Lol

Next investment will be a side by side

·
Finally! Wheels on!
10,164 Posts
Randy I hear you. My favorite bike was a full custom triumph Daytona 955i.

My biggest problem is discipline. I’m 54 but my right hand thinks I’m still 19. Flopping around on the pavement twice before means I remember it every day now.

·
Premium Member
3,436 Posts
I used to love riding dirt bikes and quads. Trail riding was the best and I still love it. As I got a little older I slowed down and got more into finding mud and water. Lol

Next investment will be a side by side
Back in the day, most of the guys that I worked with at the dealership, had sportsmans and the service manager had a cabin in the UP. We spent a bunch of time up there in the swamps on those things. It was a good time. SXS are just a lot more fun they are just too expensive for me. Plus, I have no real place to use it around home and not enough room to leave one up north where I could use it. Maybe someday.

·
Registered
3,992 Posts
Yeah,
Pain is a side effect.
I broke the scaphoid in my wrist when I was 14 or so, that's why I have so many issues with my wrist now.
A lot of the injuries never go away and yeah the older you get the less you bounce

·
Registered
21,941 Posts
Back in the day, most of the guys that I worked with at the dealership, had sportsmans and the service manager had a cabin in the UP. We spent a bunch of time up there in the swamps on those things. It was a good time. SXS are just a lot more fun they are just too expensive for me. Plus, I have no real place to use it around home and not enough room to leave one up north where I could use it. Maybe someday.
i get it.

the thing though is now. Like I’ve been telling my wife. We need one. Hell I could use it countless times with the 2 acres I have now. New place is 5.5 acres. Surrounded by farm land and shit.

one thing is when we go hunting in Athens. Bet your ass the new one will be pulling its weight. Lol

ive been looking at the ranger 1000 XP. it has 81 horsepower to boot. I’d like to get a turboed razor but in all reality. I need a dump bed. 😂

89781 - 89800 of 90215 Posts