Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
89801 - 89820 of 90298 Posts

·
Registered
6,550 Posts
My son has a CanAm Defender 1000.
He's pretty happy with it. He's had it for a little over 3 years.

Sent from my SM-A705W using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,450 Posts
i get it.

the thing though is now. Like I’ve been telling my wife. We need one. Hell I could use it countless times with the 2 acres I have now. New place is 5.5 acres. Surrounded by farm land and shit.

one thing is when we go hunting in Athens. Bet your ass the new one will be pulling its weight. Lol

ive been looking at the ranger 1000 XP. it has 81 horsepower to boot. I’d like to get a turboed razor but in all reality. I need a dump bed. 😂
Yeah. The ranger is really all utility. Sure, I’ve seen people wheel them but not like a RZR. Buddy of mine wants a RZR but can’t be without the bed of a Ranger (he’s had 4 of them). So this time around, he bought a General. I’m not really sure if his General has been a better play sxs than his Rangers but this guy lives in Northern Michigan, and owns his own home based business, so his pickup doesn’t get nearly the miles that his sxs does.

I can’t fit in any of the Polaris sxs worth a damn. Everyone tells me I need one of the big Can Am sport sxs but I’ll pass on all of them for now.

·
Registered
5,708 Posts
Truck is spicy in the rain. Broke the rear wheels loose leaving a stop light WITH the trailer hooked up. LOL

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
I’ve been around off road and all terrain vehicles for the better part of my life. I would say if you can afford a side by side, get one, if not get a four wheeler. When it comes to sxs if you want some utility and some play go with a general. They have the power and suspension of a Rzr 900 but the use- ability of a ranger. If you want full utility go with the can am defender. It has a better seat and seating position. I think the fit and finish is better also. Just my .02 cents

·
Registered
21,961 Posts
I’ve been around off road and all terrain vehicles for the better part of my life. I would say if you can afford a side by side, get one, if not get a four wheeler. When it comes to sxs if you want some utility and some play go with a general. They have the power and suspension of a Rzr 900 but the use- ability of a ranger. If you want full utility go with the can am defender. It has a better seat and seating position. I think the fit and finish is better also. Just my .02 cents
i have contemplated hard on the genera as well

one hold up is 2 seats instead of 3. I have a shadow that follows me everywhere. That 3rd seat will be handy.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
They make them with 4 seats

Reactions: Melonhead1102

·
Registered
6,550 Posts
i have contemplated hard on the genera as well

one hold up is 2 seats instead of 3. I have a shadow that follows me everywhere. That 3rd seat will be handy.
We were sitting 3 across in the Defender, on a hunting trip.

Sent from my SM-A705W using Tapatalk

·
WOOD... man!
4,665 Posts
'morning gentlemen

Face Hair Joint Skin Lip

·
WOOD... man!
4,665 Posts
Randy I hear you. My favorite bike was a full custom triumph Daytona 955i.

My biggest problem is discipline. I’m 54 but my right hand thinks I’m still 19. Flopping around on the pavement twice before means I remember it every day now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I never goofed off that much on the street. What little I did disappeared after racing on the track. I guess it got it out of my system.

·
WOOD... man!
4,665 Posts

·
Finally! Wheels on!
10,172 Posts
Morning boys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: rwood64083

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
Evening guys.
Coincidentally after they announced their lockdown plans for the state some other person fled hotel quarantine and actually visited the next suburb over from my house.
They've set up a massive flashing sign on the side of the road and a vaccine hub in that area now.
The lockdown plan has removed construction workers as an essential service, only says public infrastructure workers can continue to work. So I assume I'm not even allowed to go fix someone's hot water or unblock their drains.
Well if it does come in looks like I'll be getting a bit done at home and construction in the state will cease completely

·
Registered
6,465 Posts
Morning guys it's Friday eve. I am sick of all this covid shit.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #89,820 ·
Morning patriots!

Sent from my LM-G900 using Tapatalk

Reactions: rwood64083
89801 - 89820 of 90298 Posts