Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
91121 - 91140 of 91501 Posts

Registered
Contemplating a Banks iDash and Pedal Monster or CTS3 leaning toward the iDash. Any thoughts?

Reactions: bigdave_185

Premium Member
Contemplating a Banks iDash and Pedal Monster or CTS3 leaning toward the iDash. Any thoughts?
Id run the iDash, personally. Banks tells me I cant run one on the LBZ without their box because the comm protocol for the iDash isnt compatible with older GM comm systems (pre-2008).

Premium Member
I have the CTS3 and like it. It had a problem with freezing up at times when it was in the Ford and I would have to unplug it. That problem went away with the GMC.

I'm sure the pedal monster does what everyone says it does but meh. These dpf trucks have an unresponsive pedal for a reason. Plus it seems kind of gimmicky to me. I'd rather leave mine alone until it's out of warranty and then I might let Duramaxtuner sell me on some real tuning. They still don't have any trans tuning for the 10 speeds that I'm aware of.

Premium Member
I have the CTS3 and like it. It had a problem with freezing up at times when it was in the Ford and I would have to unplug it. That problem went away with the GMC.

I'm sure the pedal monster does what everyone says it does but meh. These dpf trucks have an unresponsive pedal for a reason. Plus it seems kind of gimmicky to me. I'd rather leave mine alone until it's out of warranty and then I might let Duramaxtuner sell me on some real tuning. They still don't have any trans tuning for the 10 speeds that I'm aware of.
Can attest. The pedal monsters work. Drove a truck like your current one with it on it. Very nice improvement. Gonna be a while before someone cracks that trans controller.

Registered

Of course the problems went away in the better truck ;)

I just hate the dead pedal and turbo lag from a stop, especially pulling out of my neighborhood.

You think they could see the pedal monster had been on the truck if I needed warranty work (and removed it prior)?

I miss my EFI Live from Rob.

Premium Member

I just hate the dead pedal and turbo lag from a stop, especially pulling out of my neighborhood.

You think they could see the pedal monster had been on the truck if I needed warranty work (and removed it prior)?

No I don't think the pedal monster would cause any warranty issue. I like my new truck and feel at home with GM because I grew up with GM trucks. However, there are things I miss about my Ford. Primarily the interior but it did run well. I had duramaxtuner tune my Ford before it eventually went under the knife with someone else. It ran like a bat out of hell with Nick's tuning. The only reason I traded it was because I wasn't happy with it after it went under the knife and was afraid of the problems that would could come after putting it back to it's original configuration.

Registered

Premium Member

The pedal monsters cant be tracked. All good there.

Errr, I mean, I dont know that for sure though.

Reactions: rparlee

Registered
Ive had the idash and derringer and pedal monster going on 5k miles and love it until I hook to the trailer. The throttle response is great the getup n boogie button works oh so much better!!

I think the derringer is traceable but not 100% so I unplug mine anyway and go with the out of site out of mind idea.

With a trailer I feel the throttle sensitivity is a bit much and amplifies the poor towing ability of the truck

Really considering selling and getting a DRW or a F350

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
Oh, and since somebody asked a while back about them, and Tex mentioned Coopers, Ive got 8K on my Rugged Treks, they still look brand new, ride good, handle good, very quiet for a more aggressive type tire. I serviced the truck, checked my tie rods/ball joints out myself before taking it to the tire shop and had an alignment check while there to make sure I didnt waste my new tires. Did another service at 6500 miles and rotated them the other day. Holding up great, and since its that time of year Ive been in quite a bit of mud the last couple weeks and they do great. I still dont think they will last as long as the AT/3 but so far Im happy with them.

Registered
My southeast Georgia cousins 2004, yes 2004 17 year old F150 that doesnt have a speck of rust on it. Its his daily driver and even the frame is almost spotless. Trucks never had a speck of road salt on it, around here the fenders/rockers/bumpers would be rotting off by now.
Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Car

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread

Premium Member
Morning to the crew.

Here's wishing all of you guys a Happy Thanksgiving to spend with your families.

Don't eat too much!

Finally! Wheels on!
Morning Jimmy and crew.

Brisket off. Turkey on

Brisket done early but lets see how it holds for dinner at 12

Happy Thanksgiving boys. We have a lot to be thankful for.

But Brandon aint one of them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WOOD... man!
'morning boys.
22lb turkey went in the oven at 6am. Now we wait.

Coffee?
Nose Lip Chin Eyebrow Eye

WOOD... man!
Just kidding

Better?
Tableware Drinkware Dishware Cup Coffee cup

Premium Member
Morning gents and Happy Thanksgiving.

I was up at 0230 to start the smoker and again at 0530 to check on it. Its a struggle in the cold rain to get good temp so I pulled the flats off at 0730 running about 160ish, wrapped them and put them on the electric smoker, on the back deck, to finish.

Gotta reheat/finish the burnt ends and knock out a pan of smoked queso yet this morning too. First, coffee.

91121 - 91140 of 91501 Posts