Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
91141 - 91160 of 91501 Posts

·
Finally! Wheels on!
10,288 Posts
Well the standby generator saved thanksgiving. I had the brisket on at 3:30pm and at 9:45 we lost power and the gen kicked on and stayed on for about 3 hours. Smoker never missed a beat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
WOOD... man!
4,725 Posts

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Morning gents and Happy Thanksgiving.

I was up at 0230 to start the smoker and again at 0530 to check on it. It’s a struggle in the cold rain to get good temp so I pulled the flats off at 0730 running about 160ish, wrapped them and put them on the electric smoker, on the back deck, to finish.

Gotta reheat/finish the burnt ends and knock out a pan of smoked queso yet this morning too. First, coffee.
Smoked caso huh? Interested for sure

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
Well the standby generator saved thanksgiving. I had the brisket on at 3:30pm and at 9:45 we lost power and the gen kicked on and stayed on for about 3 hours. Smoker never missed a beat

I’d like to say that is the good part about having a charcoal smoker but mine struggled in the cold the last few days where a pellet smoker would have chugged right along.

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
Smoked caso huh? Interested for sure

Oh yeah. Easy peasy. Lots of recipes out there for it. Nothing in it is good for you but that’s not really what thanksgiving is about, right?

Velveta, cream cheese, shredded cheese, breakfast sausage, and a can of rotel. Smoke until bubbly.

·
Registered
22,110 Posts
Morning guys

smoked queso is the shit!

we are having a late dinner so the bird isn’t on yet. But it will be going on smoker before long.

that’s one thing about the pellet smoker. Temp doesn’t really effect it but damn do you eat some pellets up in colder temps. 😂

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
Morning guys

smoked queso is the shit!

we are having a late dinner so the bird isn’t on yet. But it will be going on smoker before long.

that’s one thing about the pellet smoker. Temp doesn’t really effect it but damn do you eat some pellets up in colder temps. 😂
I went through 10 lbs of charcoal in the past 24 hours and didn’t even finish either cook on the smoker. So….🤷🏻‍♂️

·
Registered
6,634 Posts
Morning boys.
Happy Thanksgiving to my American friends. About 6 weeks late, but whatever.
It's all about reconnecting with family and reflecting on the year.

Despite some of the events over the past few years, we do have a lot to be thankful for.

Cheers.

Sent from my SM-A705W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,619 Posts
Morning guys happy Thanksgiving.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

Reactions: rwood64083

·
Registered
19,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #91,152 ·
Morning. Happy Thanksgiving. Im thankful for all of you!

Sent from my LM-G900 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
  • Haha
Reactions: rwood64083

·
Finally! Wheels on!
10,288 Posts
The finished bird

·
WOOD... man!
4,725 Posts
'morning boys.
Guess it's time to bring set up the outdoor Christmas decorations.

Coffee anyone?
Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content
Muscle Human body Waist Thigh Swimwear

91141 - 91160 of 91501 Posts