Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
104721 - 104740 of 107373 Posts

· WOOD... man!
6,179 Posts
Randy, you got some mad fab skills bud! You do drawings first or just hit the job running at full speed and make it up as you go along? To me, it looks like you had an engineer send you drawings and you went off of that, it looks that damned good!
Thanks Chris, and everyone else that commented on the build. My hands are still hurting and everything feels arthritic from all the stainless metal cutting with tin snips, using sheet metal pliers and 300ish pop rivets.

Chris, I usually build from thought or get ideas from things I see on internet. No drawings on this one. Although it did required a lot of construction paper and poster board to make templates. Couldn't afford to make mistakes on the stainless. Had to mark out all of the large pieces and work around damaged metal before making cuts. Came real close to running out of metal.

· WOOD... man!
6,179 Posts
I need to build a metal brake some day soon too. Just a small one about 2 foot wide, may need to ask you for some extra pics of yours so I can copy the design!
You can build, but for the size you're wanting I would highly suggest picking up a cheap brake from Harbor Freight. You can't build one for that price. If not needing a 6+ ft brake I would have bought one myself.

· Premium Member
5,333 Posts
Definitely On. Hard on.

How you gonna lift that thing to the chimney? I hope you’re gonna rent a bucket lift or something.
Are you serious? You know that crazy sumbitch is either going to just strap it to his back to get it up there OR, engineer/build his own crane. 🙄😄

· Super Moderator
2017 GMC Denali 2500HD, 3.5" Rough Country Lift, 305/55R20 Cooper Rugged Trek, Paragon Bed Cover
4,264 Posts
Are you serious? You know that crazy sumbitch is either going to just strap it to his back to get it up there OR, engineer/build his own crane. 🙄😄
And he'll do it all before 9 am. Crazy bastage.

· Registered
2022 2500HD High Country
1,902 Posts
Wait! Did you hear it? I did! I definitely heard Randy say "hold my beer, boys"!!!

· Super Moderator
2017 GMC Denali 2500HD, 3.5" Rough Country Lift, 305/55R20 Cooper Rugged Trek, Paragon Bed Cover
4,264 Posts

· WOOD... man!
6,179 Posts
How you gonna lift that thing to the chimney? I hope you’re gonna rent a bucket lift or something.
Still trying to decide. Fine line on this one between cost efficiency and major stoopidity. I'm teetering.
Forehead Nose Eyebrow Mouth Jaw

· Premium Member
5,333 Posts

· Registered
9,054 Posts
I was out clearing snow because the storm coming Friday is going to be worse. I don't want frozen slush under it. The fuel pre filter under the step plugged up with slime on my tractor. It's fairly common with these tractors . I went to the hardware store and got one. The filter is not the main fuel filter that's on the engine. It has water separator and a better filter. This one just protects the lift pump. It's just the little inline type like lawnmowers use. It's small and plugs up easy on this size engine. But it's a cheap and easy fix. Some guys bypassed it but a couple had lift pumps fail and they wouldn't warranty them. I just ordered a 10 pack on Amazon for 11 bucks. I need to change the one I put on today as it's a little bigger around and won't fit in the bracket so it's just hanging on the hose. I know me I will catch it on some brush and tear it off if I don't replace it. I also had to take the little lady to the airport to go to London and fire the caregiver she has looking after her mom. She's extorting her for more money or she will just leave her unattended. She says she will be back by Christmas but I am not going to count on it.

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

• Sad
Reactions: flyinhawaiian968

· Registered
2022 2500HD High Country
1,902 Posts
I hope your wife is able to punch the bitch right in the friggin' throat right after she fires her ass too! Sorry, don't like douchebags with a passion!
In other news, my buddy just called a bit ago, didn't even know but big island is erupting again! Sent me a few photos from his in laws house, thought I'd share:

Cloud Sky Atmosphere Afterglow Sunset

Last time Mauna Loa went off, it was '84, Shit! I was in 10th grade!!!

· Premium Member
4,155 Posts
Chris, great pics.

Last weekend both Mauna Loa and Kilauea were both erupting at the same time. First time in over 100 years.

· Registered
2023 Silverado 3500HD Drw
3,527 Posts
Always impressed with the things you guys all glue together. Good group of talent here for sure!!

Long slow day, ran the Pete out of fuel today on a hill lol bottom of my tanks have a large dent on both. Ran low enough on a hill into the pit that the fuel wouldn’t roll over the hump to reach the fuel inlet. It sputtered and pit to a stop. It did fine down hill and on flat ground but I guess the dents were the issue. Filled up 120gallons of fuel at a two pump little little gas station with one diesel pump. I had to drop my trailer on the street to get in. The cashier guy had a good laugh at me all in good fun.

All else looks like it’s almost Friday!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
2023 Silverado 3500HD Drw
3,527 Posts
I hope your wife is able to punch the bitch right in the friggin' throat right after she fires her ass too! Sorry, don't like douchebags with a passion!
In other news, my buddy just called a bit ago, didn't even know but big island is erupting again! Sent me a few photos from his in laws house, thought I'd share:

View attachment 1110346

What a view!!!

I don’t think I would handle a caregiver miss treating my mom. I’m sure there would be big holes and concrete trucks to backfill the hole.
Best of luck to your wife and her trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
7,645 Posts
Evening boys.

Randy, that looks really nice. Better than commercially available.

Love to see your creations.
Cardboard Aided Design, the original CAD program. Still works everytime.

The blonde looks pretty good too. Looks like the contours have been "massaged" there too. I know, don't give MellonNuggets any ideas.

Got about 6" if snow on Tuesday night. Plowed everything off yesterday. Another 4-5" last night. Another 2 hours plowing today.

Had enough snow to last the whole winter. This global warming thing isn't working.

Sent from my SM-A705W using Tapatalk

· Registered
21,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #104,735 ·
Evening fellas. Great pic Chris! Hope your wife has a safe trip Matt and handles business accordingly!

Recieved my company bonus and it was more then last year so that's is nice to see. Means we as a company made more profit.

Anyways more truck parts coming, some small and some bigger.

Sent from my LM-G900 using Tapatalk

· Registered
9,054 Posts
Thanks guys. I wanted to go with her but she was afraid I would end up in a British jail. She could be right. Some people are trash. A good friend of her mom's who's a plumbing contractor is going to be there when she goes in. He's a big guy and likely won't be really understanding. So she will be alright.

Sent from my SM-P613 using Tapatalk

· Registered
1,827 Posts

View attachment 1110346

84 I was either still cooking or just born 🤣

· Registered
1,838 Posts
The best year

104721 - 104740 of 107373 Posts