Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1TRIKHD Victory Red CCLB

5M views 125K replies 254 participants last post by  harnold 
#1 ·

This is pretty much how it looked when I picked it up. Gonna start one of these things called a build thread. Bought the truck in Tremonton UT. From a small dealership who bought it at an auction earlier that summer. It was bone stock as far as engine was concerened. Came with 20" Foose chrome wheels with the tbars cranked up a bit.

See less See more
#82,221 ·
That's funny!
But no.

Couple things:
1. Yes, I still have one of my baby teeth.
2. Getting my teeth cleaned this morning revealed the adult tooth is starting to protrude behind the baby tooth.

Seeing an oral surgeon later this week for extraction, then an orthodontist for braces.
"Are you effing kiddin' me? Braces? Really? I'm going on 56 years old. How are the neighbors going to take me seriously when I'm yelling at them through braces?"
If you knee them in the crotch first they won't even notice the braces.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

Reactions: rwood64083
#82,222 ·
New problem is electrical. Had batteries tested, both good. Won’t start, just clicks. Screwdriver between terminals on starter - clicks. Hook up battery charger - starter spins/starts fine. Oreilly says the batteries are fine... I’m not so sure. 4 year old Exide AGM.

Threw a U1301 ‘class 2 short to battery’ code. Also a P2510 ‘ECM power relay sense circuit range/performance’.
I thought you had it running before final assembly.

Definitely sounds like a battery problem.

Sent from my SM-A705W using Tapatalk

#82,223 · (Edited)
I’ve had it running MULTIPLE times now but it seems every time I touch the battery connections it freaks out and I end up having to hook it to the charger/booster. Terminals are clean. The lead on the side of the battery is chewed up a bit from multiple on/off cycles, but I know there is a good connection. I even took off those GD rubber cap things because that seemed like it was causing issues too.

Batteries unhooked i was reading some resistance between pos and neg cables instead of it being ‘open’ so that’s another potential problem...

For someone who usually enjoys electrical stuff, I fucking hate this.

#82,225 ·
I don't think that it's ever "open" with all the parasitic and RAP systems on these trucks.

Sent from my SM-A705W using Tapatalk
It's not unless you pull about a dozen fuses.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

#82,226 ·
God damn. It is beat up and why just the random shit like odd ball dash and seat bullshit? That doesn’t even make sense.
I’m still sticking with meth heads. They are the ones only worried about scrapping wire and random bullshit. If anyone knew what that truck is capable of the engine would have been out of it and the truck cut to pieces

#82,227 ·
I’m still sticking with meth heads. They are the ones only worried about scrapping wire and random bullshit. If anyone knew what that truck is capable of the engine would have been out of it and the truck cut to pieces
Yah, they're not right in the head, for sure.
We had them stealing scrap at work. They were like crows, going after the shiny stuff. They couldn't tell the difference between galvanized and stainless.

We lost a pile of about 50 sheets of 40x40 16ga G90 that turned up at one of the scrap yards. They thought they hit the jackpot with a pallet full of stainless. Scrapper wouldn't give them anything for it, we wound up getting it back. Nervy bunch, they backed into the back yard and took it at lunch time.

Reactions: cfell
#82,228 ·
Well in other truck news. I ended up ordering a stack kit for my race/pull truck. Just going with a regular 5x7x36in tall polished angle cut. Which Im going to cut it down to under cab length. May have to grab a cat stack from work too. Easier and nicer setup for when i take it to the track to make my one pass before they boot me lol and for sled pulling. I wont have to put the dumbass angled upward tip on again. About to re plumb the fuel system for the 3rd time and add a second airdog on it too.

#82,229 ·
#82,238 ·
Well in other truck news. I ended up ordering a stack kit for my race/pull truck. Just going with a regular 5x7x36in tall polished angle cut. Which Im going to cut it down to under cab length. May have to grab a cat stack from work too. Easier and nicer setup for when i take it to the track to make my one pass before they boot me lol and for sled pulling. I wont have to put the dumbass angled upward tip on again. About to re plumb the fuel system for the 3rd time and add a second airdog on it too.
If Russ orders a new stack, it might get here by the time the rest of the truck is finished......

Morning boys.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: duramaxsky
#82,239 ·
'morning gentleman.
Taking Battlestar Balactica to the dealership this morning. 7:30am appointment.
Recall notice says the job will take an hour.
Also said a loaner vehicle was provided.
Dealership said it would take two hours and a shuttle service is available.
I said I'll be happy to wait on it regardless of time. They didn't seem pleased. I'm guessing they were going they could squeeze in the work sometime throughout the day.
No worries. I don't mind hanging around. Just means I'll get to goof off online this morning.

#82,240 ·
Morning boys. I am also in the meth head camp for the folks that stole Russ's truck. Too much other big ticket items that were left untouched.

Back in the office today as I laid out yesterday.