Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help. I have a new 2500 HD LTZ that sits high, with probably a 6 in drop, and has the new 2.5 receiver. My old hitch head is solid and does not adjust up or down. So I want to start over. I want to tow a 27 ft Airstream with dry weight of 4545 lbs and with a listed 550 lb tongue weight. I want weight distribution and sway control. Suggestions?

·
Registered
16,263 Posts
I have a Curt Hitch Class IV w/Reese Weight Distribution Trunnion Bar w/Sway Control. It works real good.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I have the 07.5 2500 and pull a 26', 7000# camper. I use the Blue Ox wt. dist. hitch w/sway control and I like it. I also bought a 2.5" drop down from a place in the midwest (found on Ebay) so I didn't have to use the 2.5x2" reducer and it works very well. I've pulled from Maine to Fl w/no incidents. I should note that I'm on 35's with 6" of lift.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Will you be towing the same trailer with the new truck as the old? If so I would simply measure the hitch height on both so you know home much more drop you need. You might be surprised, while the bed rails are higher and the climb into the cab is higher, I don't think the hitch height is much different.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts