Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
13,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if i have 2 grand i want to spend on the truck right now. what should i get to get the best bang for the buck?

·
Registered
12,050 Posts
EFI, gauges,lift pump, HD tie rods.downpipe, intercooler tube or save up for trans

·
That One Guy
7,421 Posts
Sleeves, braces, downpipe, and intercooler tube

I say this but hold off on EFILive until you get a built trans. This way your stock one will last a little longer.

·
Registered
926 Posts
What kind of intercooler tube, never heard of that before?

·
That One Guy
7,421 Posts
Don't forget Intercooler tube Kyle ha ha help him push a little more air.

·
Registered
13,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
what kind of differences would i see with a dp, ic tube, and lift pump. and would like an AD2 150 be too much or would a 95 gal/min be better?

·
That One Guy
7,421 Posts
You will see lower EGT's and faster spool up with the DP and IC tube. The pump will prolong the life of your CP3 and I suggest the AD2 in the 165 model because you never know when you are going to shoot for a little more power and don't want to run out of fuel.

·
Registered
12,050 Posts
with the DP you wont notice as much screech if any at all at WOT, egts drop faster, lift pump you wont drop rail pressure, IC tube slightly more boost, little lower egts, quicker throttle response

·
Registered
736 Posts
Pretty good drop in EGT's. As far as the lift pump, it depends how far you plan on going with your truck. If you plan on getting a trans and EFI, the 150 would be what you wanna go with.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts