Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

61 - 72 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Not sure what to do - I mean...I happen to like the color GREEN...the filters discussed in here are blue, white, red....

I am convinced if I could find a GREEN one my truck would run so much better, and even more pretty young over-sexed girls would be banging on my door, begging for me to fertilize them.....

·
Registered
785 Posts
Pretty convinced you eat your own fertilizer with a comment like that.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Not sure what to do - I mean...I happen to like the color GREEN...the filters discussed in here are blue, white, red....

I am convinced if I could find a GREEN one my truck would run so much better, and even more pretty young over-sexed girls would be banging on my door, begging for me to fertilize them.....
old and senile is no way to go thru life.you should just park it.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Pretty convinced you eat your own fertilizer with a comment like that.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pretty sure it would take a humorless twit to not see my sarcasm....

Let's try it one last time....at the risk of repeating too many posts about this non-issue...…

An awful lot of Durmax powered trucks go hundreds of thousands of miles BONE STOCK.

Some of us LIKE the idea of having larger oil filters for any number of reasons which, frankly, when reduced to their bare essentials...may simply be "over-kill".

I did buy the adapter, and use the larger filter. I would LIKE to think the vastly larger surface area gives me better filtration.

One thing for certain...this site is a great place to try and LEARN, how we can help each other with a little tech. info...and a little fun sarcastic humor. For those too "tender" to handle that....I have no printable suggestions....

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Nothing like a good banter, Luv it....reminds me of my Power Lineman days out on the Crew....LOL

·
Registered
39 Posts
You mean that useless mod that makes you feel better? :teehee

Yes, you are more tolerable these days than in the past. :howdy

Edit;
I just don't care for that 2 foot long filter hanging off of a cast filter mount....looks like it just begs to be snapped off.
Has anyone had one of these "2 foot long filters" snap off? Has anyone even heard of one snapping off? However the Cat filter is 10.3 inches long. Almost 2 foot long?

·
Registered
39 Posts

Yellow you forgot.

·
LHN...We ARE the Joneses
26,320 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Please don't be too hard on me. I am running the cat filter, add another qt. a PPE flat bottom pan, so all the oil will drain out when changed, add another qt. and a Insane Diesel by-pass filter, filters 10% of oil or 100% of all the oil in 10 mins or less of driving to 1 micron, add another qt. So far, about 500 miles, the oil is just barely darker that new oil. Comments? I'm sure there will be some.

·
LHN...We ARE the Joneses
26,320 Posts
Check it @ 5k

·
Registered
299 Posts
So far, about 500 miles, the oil is just barely darker that new oil. Comments? I'm sure there will be some.
……………
..………………………...………………………………………………………...
I installed the CAT oil filter, & "made certain modifications" that removed about 300 lbs. of ( "protect the Bunny Wabbet & make the Thurnberg girl feel happy about life on earth" ) stuff from my 2013 crew cab 3500.....I agree...now have about 1,000 mi...no question...crankcase oil is much much cleaner. Getting at LEAST 3 mpg better fuel mileage (most of my driving is pulling approx. 11,000 lb. trailers). Is it a legit question to ask who is actually doing more for the environment...the folks who want us to use approx. 30% more diesel fuel with all that implies, or those of us who wont listen to Greta...?

61 - 72 of 72 Posts