Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
05 is the year the have the 5 speed or 6 speed correct? how do i tell which tranny it is .... here is the vin if that helps 1gchk23235f882811
gonna get a trans-go....is there a diff for the 5/6 speed? or is the part the same?

next question... truck has banks on it already an going to switch an get a PPE standard or the HOT.....not sure yet there is a big price jump between the two..... is the banks worth anything? or is it like the dodges where no one likes them?

thanks

·
Premium Member
2,456 Posts
05 is the year the have the 5 speed or 6 speed correct? how do i tell which tranny it is .... here is the vin if that helps 1gchk23235f882811
gonna get a trans-go....is there a diff for the 5/6 speed? or is the part the same?

next question... truck has banks on it already an going to switch an get a PPE standard or the HOT.....not sure yet there is a big price jump between the two..... is the banks worth anything? or is it like the dodges where no one likes them?

thanks
no 06 is the 6 speed year, you have a 5 speed

·
Registered
576 Posts
Performance is personal IMO. I'm a banks advocate but many aren't. we are all after different things so I would expect it is worth something to the right person.

·
Registered
405 Posts
x2 for havin the 5 speed and im sure someone would buy the banks from you and i would go with efi if you were gunna go with the hot cuz its just as much if not more if i remember right

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no 06 is the 6 speed year, you have a 5 speed
oh ok...i would of swore i read that in 05 they made the 5speed in some an 6 speed in some....i must be smokin crack.

Performance is personal IMO. I'm a banks advocate but many aren't. we are all after different things so I would expect it is worth something to the right person.
fair enough....

x2 for havin the 5 speed and im sure someone would buy the banks from you and i would go with efi if you were gunna go with the hot cuz its just as much if not more if i remember right

i found the HOT for 550....not sure if it is a missprint or not but i thought they were like 800+ ???????

·
Registered
405 Posts
you might find one used for that much i guess but new they are around 800 and efi is the same and a lil more for the switch and tunes i think efi is better and a lot safer on your trans than ppe will be even with the same hp tune

·
Registered
316 Posts
efi whore^^^^^ haha jk royce . . . didnt mean to hijack contiune. . .

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
you might find one used for that much i guess but new they are around 800 and efi is the same and a lil more for the switch and tunes i think efi is better and a lot safer on your trans than ppe will be even with the same hp tune
its a HOT for 550....im gonna assume its a typo an just get a standard.

·
Registered
405 Posts
yeah im not tryin to talk you into efi just sayin i like it better its a lot smoother tuning IMO because the 225 crank tune on the standard was less than what i have to the wheels now and it hurt my trans a couple times and this tune has not done anythin bad to my trans once i know its to hot for the stock trans so it is hurtin inside but its not noticeable to me right now and has lasted a lot longer than it should with this tune

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
its a HOT for 550....im gonna assume its a typo an just get a standard.
its not a typo(i called an asked)....its the HOT for 550.

yeah im not tryin to talk you into efi just sayin i like it better its a lot smoother tuning IMO because the 225 crank tune on the standard was less than what i have to the wheels now and it hurt my trans a couple times and this tune has not done anythin bad to my trans once i know its to hot for the stock trans so it is hurtin inside but its not noticeable to me right now and has lasted a lot longer than it should with this tune
were not gonna run a 225 tune. on 90 max...so there is no reason IMO to spend 750 bucks (efi) for a 60 or 90 hp tune. just gonna get the ppe standard

1 - 10 of 10 Posts