Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 231 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was talking to my next door neighbor today and he said to run 2 stroke oil as a fuel additive could this hurt the engine. i thank my neighbor is full of BS but me being only 17 years old i dont have have a clue if it's true or not.

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
Are you my neighbor... I run 2 stroke oil at least for the last 60k no problems in mine

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
I've ran it before in mine and never had an issue..

·
Registered
206 Posts
I run it every tank, mixed with diesel kleen.

·
Registered
434 Posts
^^x2

·
Registered
352 Posts
^^x2

·
Registered
394 Posts
I think the only problems you'd run into would be with the lmm's equipped with particulate filters... I would imagine 2 stroke oil would cause more soot, causing more regens...other than that, you could probably burn 50% 2 stroke oil 50% diesel and you wouldn't hurt anything...they don't call them oil burners for nothin...

·
Registered
503 Posts
I run it every tank, mixed with diesel kleen.
Soon as I get my DPF delete done I'm gonna start mixing it in with every tank.

How much do y'all use?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
35 Posts
What would be the benefit to doing this?

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
Lube you take the sulfer out of diesel it will not lube as well my truck came out when it was low sulfer diesel 500ppm now it is ultra low sulfer diesel 15 ppm. I use 2 stroke and diesel kleen to help prolong my injectors.

·
Registered
503 Posts
What would be the benefit to doing this?

Cheap added lubricant for the fuel system, injectors, and upper valve train. I run the power service for the cetane booster.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
You can usually hear the difference when you begin running it too..

·
Registered
47 Posts
I run supertech oil in mine for 60K+ and have had no issues whatsoever. I usually run about 8 ounces per tank full. Seems to run smoother and quieter. Notice no significant change in mpg.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
whats the best brand of 2 stroke oil to buy. thanks for all the help im defiantly buying some after school today.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
how much to a tank

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
Usually run 5-10oz per tank, Some guys are running up to 1-2% 2 stroke oil. In my area all the diesel has some biodiesel in it anyway so we already get the benefit of some added lube but a little extra wont hurt.

As for which one to run? just get the cheapest stuff from wal-mart.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I run 2-stroke oil, and every once in a while i will put a quart of ATF in the tank. I also like stanadyne additive.

·
Registered
525 Posts
I put 1/2 to 1 qt of ashless 2 stroke oil in every time I fill up. It runs smoother, quieter and lubes the CP3 and injectors.

1 - 20 of 231 Posts