Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have heard some of you guys say that you can put 2 stroke oil in the fuel tank, any kind of 2 stroke oil? like the little bottle of stihl? and how much should i put in per tank?

·
Registered
220 Posts
OK guys, what are you accomplishing by putting 2-stroke oil in your fuel. I have heard of lots of additives but this one is new to me

·
Registered
5,569 Posts
OK guys, what are you accomplishing by putting 2-stroke oil in your fuel. I have heard of lots of additives but this one is new to me
Lubrication, that is all:drink

1oz per gallon of fuel, some use less though.

·
Registered
155 Posts
my 06 is liking it i have never got 300 miles outta a tank of fuel pulling my camper have ran a couple of gallons now on this last trip im seeing sum of what i have heard motor is quiter and dont think its smokin as bad or it just liked the high azz wind on 55 north the last 2 days drug the camper alittle over 1000 miles

·
Registered
170 Posts
My truck loves this stuff. amsoil.jpg

·
Banned
4,544 Posts
Half a quart per 26 gallon tank. Any more and its pretty much a waste and will smoke more.

Dont buy expensive crap, buy the junk at wal mart. Its good as any for what you are using it for....

I run it and motor is noticeably quieter, and runs smoother. Most likely is helping cp3 and injectors more than anything.

·
Registered
794 Posts
I'm gonna try the 2-stroke thing. You've all convinced me. Question.... I normally use Power Service additives, right now the silver bottle for the summer season. Do I / can I use the additive with the 2-stroke oil? Should I not? Should I use each on every other fill up, or does the 2-cycle oil cancel out the need for any additives? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
736 Posts
I'm gonna try the 2-stroke thing. You've all convinced me. Question.... I normally use Power Service additives, right now the silver bottle for the summer season. Do I / can I use the additive with the 2-stroke oil? Should I not? Should I use each on every other fill up, or does the 2-cycle oil cancel out the need for any additives? Thanks!
I'm also running the Power Service with 2 stroke. No problems what so ever. I don't run them at the same time, however. I usually alternate, and I'll also rotate in a tank without additives. This process gained me 1.5mpg last fall.
:drink

·
Banned
4,544 Posts
Run half and half.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Is this ok to do with the DPF still on? Dont wont to void warrenty...Thanks

·
Registered
5,569 Posts
Is this ok to do with the DPF still on? Dont wont to void warrenty...Thanks

Personally I would not do it with the DPF intact.:drink

I read on another forum why, just do not remember. Someone will chime in with the answer.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts