Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody else had issues with there Speedometer and oil pressure gauges going crazy, sticking, or just stop working all together?

Thanks,
Chris

·
Registered
10 Posts
had problem with oil pressure gauge at 75,000 miles . so dealer finally replaced entire dash because you cant replace just one gauge. but problem occured again and dealer said it was oil pressure sending unit and reprogramed and seems to be working okay, but now speedo seems to be about 5 mph slow. i think i can live with this, i'm done with the stealer. truck now has 105,000 miles

·
Registered
2021 LM2 SLT
62 Posts
My '04 LB7 speedometer acts up on long trips. Reads lower and lower. After stopping for fuel, it is back to normal. This never happens on short trips. I have noticed that the needle jumps once in a while.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey guys. I'm new here and just got an '03 LB7 Silverado and I'm having the same problem. My oil pressure gauge has started spiking @ 120 + when I start and stays there. Motor seems to be running fine, so I suspect it is the gauge itself.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey , i had the same problem on my 03, they said it happens when it gets cold outside. I got it replaced at dealers cost and now it works great.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well, I'm taking it in tomorrow morning just to have it checked. I was told since it has 90,000 miles on it that the gauge cluster is out of warranty. Since I just bought it Saturday, we'll see what they do.

·
Registered
2021 LM2 SLT
62 Posts
If you are OK with soldering........purchase a stepping motor from ebay for 10 bucks and solder it in. The gauge assembly comes out pretty easy.

·
Registered
2021 LM2 SLT
62 Posts
Type this in on ebay search
03 04 Silverado HD2500 Duramax Cluster Stepper Motors

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey, another member turned me on to a ebay site that rebuilds the clusters and warranties them for 5 years. $173.50 I believe. My cluster has bad bulbs, so I am going to have the whole thing overhauled.

Boagey

·
Registered
63 Posts
I had a problem while installing programmer and Bully Dog Outlook. The entire dash died... after an hour of diagnostics the shop doing my install gave up and took the truck to the dealer. The dealer had no clue what happened, they "flashed" the computer and all is well? Good Luck.

·
Registered
50 Posts
anything i should know when taking my gauge cluster out to replace the stepper motor? i have an 03 LB7 and the speedo has been acting up now for a month or so, sometimes it doesn't read, sometime it sticks. thanks

·
Registered
2021 LM2 SLT
62 Posts
Did you already purchase the stepper motor? They come with directions on how to remove the cluster. Pretty easy. So far, 3 stepper motors have failed. (Cheap crap) They recalled them but I'm over the milage limit. Set the parking brake, place the shift lever in low (1), tilt the wheel all the way down, pull the dashboard out, unscrew the 4 hex screws in each corner, remove the cluster and unclip the wires. Remove the circuit board, remove and replace the defective stepper motor, (I hope you can solder) adjust each guage, reinstall the cluster. Good luck.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts