Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2001 chevrolet duramax
132,000 miles
Bone stock truck
codes p0089 & p0093

i have a 2001 duramax that keeps throwing these two codes. I can make it throw the codes on the same uphill climb i make to work everyday. If i try and hammer it up the hill it will fall into limp mode. After falling into limp mode the truck will not want to go over 65mph, and is very sluggish. The codes will clear themselves with a couple start cycles of the truck and it will run fine for a while or until i put it under load going up hill. Any input would be great.

·
Registered
7,376 Posts
Can you check the actual vs desired fuel rail pressure at WOT?
x2^^^

Those codes are common with a failing CP3. Reading the rail pressure while WOT will show you how far below the desired pressure the CP3 is.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I wasn't able to check the desired rail pressure yet, but now after changing the fuel filter again it looks like it fixed the issue. Had some rust of some sort blocking the fuel line. Usually it will fall into limp mode under load or WOT and right when i hit 70mph limp mode. Hasn't done it now.

·
Registered
7,376 Posts
It sounds alot like cp3.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Little update for everyone. I ran some diesel kleen through the truck a few fills up. Went to install my raptor 150 and there was a huge screen of rust blocking my fuel flow. Haven't had the issue since then, truck idles great and injector rates are all within spec.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.