Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a 2001 lb7 it has 117,00 miles on it but ive noticed a knock idk if it is normal or not, injector rates are ok, also it lopes sometimes when it is cold and once you put it into drive it kinda surges, but only somtimes. Idk if it could be related, just worried about the injectors no white smoke or anything like that tho and also im running a ppe tunner on the 90 tune otherwise truck is stock.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anyone please help is appriciated idk if it is injector knock or motor knock.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Look up LB7 knock?? Video. Its my own thread with some feed back. There's also a video to watch to see if yours is making the similar sound. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks i did and it sounds exactly like that, have you tried adding any addative to the oil to try to quite it down.

·
Registered
84 Posts
No I haven't and don't plan on it. The reason I say that is cause I used the Amsoil engine flush when I started running Amsoil and that didn't make a difference at all. I honestly believe its the torque converter. I have used an engine stethoscope and run across the valve covers the side of the block and really don't hear anything. Once I got close to the flex plate and converter, that's when the sound was really noticeable. I plan on having Alligator Performance in Idaho putting in there Stage V tranny soon. If that makes a difference who knows. But that won't be till the spring. Plus I've run Amsoil for 60,000 plus miles and that is the best oil you can run (IMO of course), and no change in the sound. I also did the DIY injector cleaning off this forum and once again, engine runs better, idles a little smoother but the knock is still there. If YOU find a cure let me know. LOL! Good luck

·
Registered
84 Posts
Also, don't worry about the lope when its cold they will all do that, if it wasn't plugged in its cold. Also try running Howe's fuel additive. It helped me achieve 2 mpg better than I was getting, and will help with the cold weather gelling, and the lack of lubricity in the fuel. You can get it at any O'Reilly's. Also make sure to change your fuel filter religiously, that's the key to saving your injectors.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts