Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While looking for a tubo boost leak I noticed that the turbo coolant hose on the top is starting to crack. Luckily it did not start blowing coolant everywhere going down the road. My question is whether I can change this hose without draining a bunch of coolant out of the radiator. It is bound to leak some when it comes off but I just wanted to know if it would spew out a bunch if I did drain the radiator. Anyone do this before?

·
Registered
104 Posts
I just drained the radiator on my truck while doing the injectors, that hose came off with very little coolant still in it. I think it helps to open the vent screw when draining the radiator, didn't on mine and about a gallon it pretty much stopped draining then 5 mins later she poured out 3 more gallons full bore.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Not sure if the coolant would be full up to the inlet on radiator. On mine when I shut it off the tube collapses like its being sucked out . I would guess there might be a full lines worth of coolant. Good excuse to do a flush.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts