Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My rear drivers side is leaking. I have watched a few videos on replacing the seal. How do I tell if I need to replace the bearings at the same time?
I have not done any bearings/chase in over well 20 years and do not have the tools to press the chase out and new in. What size is needed so I know what kits to look at?

I am finding conflicting sizes for the parts online. Could someone post the correct part numbers?

Thanks

·
Registered
677 Posts
Not sure how many miles you got but likely the bearings are fine if you are leaking. Make sure you don't have any free play on the hub assy before dissassembly. If you do have to replace bearings you can then remove yours and compare what you got with the parts store to make sure you got the right ones. As for pressing in and out races this is what I use and they work very well. Dean

·
Registered
677 Posts
I have about 180,000 miles on the truck.
Thanks for the link.
They call out a special socket to do the initial torque but really not needed. Just remember these are a bit different than doing the old spindle axles. You don't go tight on the hub nut. There are plenty of videos on Youtube that talk about that. Dean

1 - 4 of 4 Posts