Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there fellas I’m pretty new to the Duramax gang and need some guidance before I throw any more money at the wrong issues.

I recently purchased a used CA 2002 Chevy 2500 short bed crew cab 4WD with 180,000 miles from a local dealership and didn’t have any problems when I was test driving her. I asked the owner when the fuel injectors were replaced and he gave me receipts proving they were all replaced at 176,000 miles and I even had the truck scanned and all 8 injectors were operating within spec. So after a week of driving the truck I changed the oil with Shell brand 15/40 and replaced the oil, transmission, and fuel filters (all Delco brand) all at the same time. Now here comes the problem, after putting about 1K miles on the truck after purchasing it I started to notice that the tailpipe was sending out a blue/grey smoke. Naturally I went back to the dealer suspecting the injectors were going out but after talking to the dealer and looking at the smoke he concluded that the Turbo was probably leaking oil somewhere. I asked to double check the injectors while I was there and they were still within operating spec. I dont remember exactly what the ranges were but the screen said all 8 injectors were at 6xx whatever that means. Now having bought and replaced the Turbo I am still having that blue/grey smoke come out of the tailpipe but no error codes are popping up. Any ideas on where to troubleshoot next?

·
Premium Member
1,092 Posts
Did he tell you where he got the replacement injectors from?

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
9,089 Posts
X2 on injectors. 6xx something doesn’t sound real healthy for injectors that were just replaced. Either find out for sure where they came from, or take it someplace else to get diagnosed since the dealer isn’t going to diagnose bad injectors for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
X2 on injectors. 6xx something doesn’t sound real healthy for injectors that were just replaced. Either find out for sure where they came from, or take it someplace else to get diagnosed since the dealer isn’t going to diagnose bad injectors for you.

Ok I’ll will definitely go to another shop for a second opinion thank you 👍🏻

·
Premium Member
9,089 Posts
Ok I’ll will definitely go to another shop for a second opinion thank you
I’d try to find a diesel shop that has experience with diesels/Duramaxes..

·
Premium Member
704 Posts
Disposition?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts