Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Having issues with reduce power modefor a couple of months havent really looked to much into it. Im thinking its a grounding issue.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
only time I experienced anything like that it was a bad connection at the #1 injector.

·
Former GM Tech and parts
3,042 Posts
Should be some kind of code associated with this happening. Having a code for a starting point will make a world of difference. Unless you are just feeling like its low on power, then it could be a multitude of things...

Reactions: Super

·
Registered
407 Posts
We’ll I’d say the problem is somewhere between your front bumper an rear bumper 😂😂 like dmax said a code would do wonders other then that, it’s a guessing game, an that’s not the best idea 😂😂

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I fixed the issue after this. Never got a code in 6 months it did it off and on and finally did it every other day sometimes multiple times a day and had to reset the ecu and restart the truck. Changed out fuel filter and throttle sensor pedal assembly no go, same problem. Did the following at the same time Cleaned out the maf, air filter, checked for boost leaks. Retightened the ground cable behind the head. Went ahead and went through all the harness and soldered and added wires to chaffed wires had a lot of bad spots. Since i haven't gotten the reduced engine power was getting tired of it but beats buying a new truck cause their expensive and this one still has no blow by with 285k. Now dealing with minor issues with no running lights on trailer and 4x4 engaging but wont disengage, 4x4 light just keeps blinking.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts