Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2002 LB7 with 56K miles on it and it is now over 7 years old (Warrenty) it has just started to puff white smoke when left idling for an extended period of time. it would appear that one or more of the injectors are leaking. If GM won't cover do to warrenty experation I will probably replace the injectors myself. What I would like to know are the new injectors from GM redesigned to correct the problem? if not does someone welse sell aftermarket injectors that have been improved to correct this problem? truck gets used primarily to tow 36 foot fifth wheel does not get used around town alot. any ideas would be appreciated. Mark.

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
if you end up getting new ones i'd get the 50+hp. the gm ones should be alright to use though

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
they are not the stock ones and wont fail. like you said are the gm replacement ones going to fail? well they might im not sure. but i was told they the 50hp one work very well and won't affect mgp or anything like that. and i don't think you will need efi for them. it may help.

·
Premium Member
2,267 Posts
Its a stock body with an enlarged tip. You just dont slap bigger ones on if the rest is stock. Does he have an exhaust or intake? stock turbo and trans? What kind of tuning? Sometimes random advise can be the worst advice.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts