Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to buy this guys LB7 Duramax. It has been sitting for almost 4 years. The owner has taken parts off the front as you can see. Ran when he parked it. Just curious on what I should do to it before i try and start it? No batteries in the vehicle. Can I just use jumper cables from another truck or do I need to bring batteries up and attach them properly?

·
Premium Member
10,357 Posts
I would use at least 1 fully charged battery but 2 would be better.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I’d also change all the fluids/filters.

·
Registered
2007 GMC Sierra LBZ
470 Posts
I would drain engine and trans oil and put in fresh before starting it just in case any moisture accumulated. Looks like a nice project truck.

Reactions: cemick

·
2017 GMC Denali 2500HD, 3.5" Rough Country Lift, 305/55R20 Yokohama Geolandar A/T
1,626 Posts
Drain engine oil, syphon out the old diesel and put in fresh, change the fuel filter. As long as you're just trying to hear it run that's probably all that you need to do.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Drain engine oil, syphon out the old diesel and put in fresh, change the fuel filter. As long as you're just trying to hear it run that's probably all that you need to do

all i need to do is get it running. i have my personal LB7 and gonna swap this engine in it and rebuild my current one.

·
Registered
2004 Silverado 3500 LB7 Dually
75 Posts
If it ran when it was parked, why is it taken apart? You'll definitely need at LEAST one battery. Good luck with it! If you got the money, you may want to do head gaskets and injectors before putting anything else back on.

·
Registered
10,645 Posts
Looks like a parts truck. Idk what your plans are with it but with it tore apart like that sitting for so long its most likely going to be a major headache. Speaking from experience.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Does anybody here know why the wiring harness on an 02 lb7 duramax is different than an 04 lb7? Just one plug in is not matching up?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts