Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 02 trailblazer with the 4.2 i6 engine that won't crank. I bought it off a guy who said it cranked but he fried the starter from cranking it so much and he didn't wanna mess with it anymore. I have no clue if he was lying or not.

I installed a new battery and starter but it still won't crank. No clicking from the relay or starter. When I turn the key, the power is cut to everything and is returned as soon as I let off.

Any ideas what I should try next?

·
Registered
492 Posts
U need to check and see if u have power to solenoid wire when u try to start it
If so u need a starter
More than likely the fuel pumps out that's why it won't start

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The starter and battery are both brand new.

I did everything in this video and the test light won't come on at the relay when turning the key nor will the starter turn on when bypassing the relay like in the video. I am getting power to three pins though.

http://youtu.be/iMzdYCA0s2w

If I turn the key to the on position, the security light will come on after a minute and stay on until I turn the key off.

I also found a security system on the floor that someone cut out so I'm not sure if that has something to do with the non start issue or not.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I would think that if the security system was not properly taken out, that would definitely have something to do with the no start issue

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I'm getting power to the starter and I checked all possible fuses. I even tried the security relearn. The alarm system has been completely remove from the looks of it. Here's what I'm dealing with. ImageUploadedByAG Free1422038279.860409.jpg ImageUploadedByAG Free1422038365.649359.jpg

Please watch the video and let me know what you think

http://youtu.be/FqI38Fp8mXQ

·
Registered
135 Posts
My guess is that there is something wrong with the gear shift, probably in the wiring. It will not let you start it unless it is in park or maybe neutral, and it can't see where the gear selector is, therefore it won't let you start it.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Of all the things I saw in the video that was the thing that grabbed my attention

·
Registered
135 Posts
Sorry to blow this up haha but I keep finding stuff. Scroll down to the bottom of the list and look at the last couple on the list and the thing at the bottom. You said the security system was taken out and I looked up the wiring chart and found this. It has to do with factory security and it is found inside the tumbler, so I don't know it could be a possibility.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Try and start it in neutral.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm thinking that it's a ground issue because of how everything is acting and the battery won't charge while it's installed. I drained it a little from messing with it and it won't charge while it's installed but as soon as I take the battery out, it will take charge. I've never had that happen before in any vehicle so something is def screwed up here.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts