Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellas. A friend of mine has an '03 LB7. He had some sort of cheap tuner on it (Hypertec I think). Anyway, it started smoking white and missing a little. He removed the tuner and brought it to our shop. I said it's probably 1 or more injectors. It has 130,000 ish miles on it, so my question is will GM still cover them under the 200,000 mile war. since he had a tuner on it ?
Also, is this more than likely the cause or is there something else to look for ?? I'm probably gonna haul it to the dealership we use for parts and have it hooked up to their machine. Any advice ??

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Make sure you get a print out from them of the balance rates and fuel rail pressure.

·
Registered
5,569 Posts
There is no easy way for the Tech to see it had a programmer on it. Better get it in quick as alot of 03's are running out of the 7yrs part of the 7yr/200k special policy.

Oh and I agree, have him get a print out:drink

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok. Thanks guys

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Other then that, I dont see why they wont cover it unless (depending on the exact date) he is past his 7 years

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The date on the door is 11/03

·
Registered
213 Posts
i believe its the in service date... not the build date. but, the in service date should still be in warranty if it wasn't built until november :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts