Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So intermittently my truck will have a huge kick back (like a really rough shift), and then the gauges will go all over the place and my doors will just keep unlocking and locking constantly, my screen/display for my tuner turns off, and sometimes i lose power to the accelerator. After replacing the batteries and the alternator it seemed like it was fixed and then it i felt the same kickback, the screen for my tuner turned off, the battery light turned on and on my digital display it said battery not charging and then the truck died on me, but right after i was able to start it back up and the truck seemed just fine. 2 days later (today) i felt the kickback, the tuner screen turned off, the gauges went all over the place, and it constantly kept unlocking and locking but the truck didn’t die on me and i never lost power to the accelerator. Idk what the issue could be since ive already replaced both batteries and the alternator. Any ideas? (When i was taking the old atlernator off, the nut on the connection on the back got zapped)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So intermittently my truck will have a huge kick back (like a really rough shift), and then the gauges will go all over the place and my doors will just keep unlocking and locking constantly, my screen/display for my tuner turns off, and sometimes i lose power to the accelerator. After replacing the batteries and the alternator it seemed like it was fixed and then it i felt the same kickback, the screen for my tuner turned off, the battery light turned on and on my digital display it said battery not charging and then the truck died on me, but right after i was able to start it back up and the truck seemed just fine. 2 days later (today) i felt the kickback, the tuner screen turned off, the gauges went all over the place, and it constantly kept unlocking and locking but the truck didn’t die on me and i never lost power to the accelerator. Idk what the issue could be since ive already replaced both batteries and the alternator. Any ideas? (When i was taking the old atlernator off, the nut on the connection on the back got zapped)
I did figure out that their is some kind of load on the ground wire of the driver side battery

1 - 2 of 2 Posts