Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to level the front end on my 2500HD. Tired of the falling through the windshield feeling. Any suggestions on a kit? and any idea how much the average install is in Northern California would be?
Thanks

·
Registered
680 Posts
ready lift, pro comp, or truxx, and cognito have level kits. cognito is the most money, but is the best. I have been looking at the ready lift, and another one on ebay for about $65, but it is no name one, and to motivated to buy a no namer. what part of nor cal are you from? I have no idea about an install price? Have not looked into that.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I would contact ORU in cali i bought the kit for $240 it works great as long as you dont put power to the front end any more than stock. Also the best system but pricey is by cognetos it is the best way to lift the front, i will be taking my lift cogs from oru out and putting their system in. any ? let me know.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Maybe the best way to go is the cognito, and if another company has better components for different things, then piece those better parts in. This helps me aswell Mikes dmax, I am looking to do a level kit on my rig, until I get everything for a solid axle swap.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Leveling Kit

Hello,

I happen to have a Brand New ReadyLift Leveling Kit for a 2007 2500HD. I bought it then decided just to bite the bullet and do a 6" lift instead. Cost me 6K more but oh well. Anyway, the kit is still in the box, I have not even taken any of the pieces out. Its part number 66-3050

Chevrolet Chevrolet - ReadyLIFT.com

Let me know if your interested here is what they have to say about it:

ReadyLift™ is the fastest, safest, least expensive way to bring the front of your Chevrolet Silverado 3500 level with the rear. This gives you the clearance and ability to add wheels and tires up to 33" in diameter. While other lift kits cost thousands to buy and hours to install, ReadyLift™ can be installed in about a hour by a certified mechanic, and costs less than the price of a single custom wheel. ReadyLift™ products do not affect the factory OEM ride quality or comfort. ReadyLift™ is also the only company that forges torsion keys for ultimate strength. Thats why ReadyLift™ also offers a lifetime warranty for as long as you own your vehicle against defects for all of our products.

I paid $229.99 + $20 shipping, if you want it I'll sell it to you for $200 + Actual Shipping to you. :rockin

·
Registered
33 Posts
i have the ready lift on my 03 gmc sierra. Sorry its a bad pic...gfs digi cam SUCKS! Its on 305/55/20s which come out to about 33.4"s tall. Hope that helps

·
Registered
680 Posts
slamdxterra, could I run that same size tire but with 16inch rim,
305/55r16, with out scrapping, or having to trim the front bumper?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Most of the shops around here use the truxx they sell at a shop for anywhere between $200 and $265 plus around $40 for install takes about one to two hours to put on. But I am along way from California. I dont trust most things on Ebay there is a lot of junk and I am not sure I want to trust a $30 key to hold up the front of my forty thousand dollar truck. Personally I like the cognito from everything I read but havent seen one on a truck around here

·
Registered
33 Posts
yah i agree...just spend alil bit more money and then at least u know what at least you are getting. Cognito, ReadyLift or ORU are all good. A 305/55/r16 tire wouldnt be anywhere close to 33"s tall. It would come out to 29.21"s tall. So best bet is just to run high floatation size and run a 33x12.50R16. That might be too wide to run on stock rims FYI! You will have to trim the front lower airdam just alil bit. Average cost for installation for torsion keys is about 75-150! Plus remember to get an alignment right after!

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
i would run the 285-75R16(32.6-11.00R16)and all you need to is turn the T/Bars about 3 to 4 times and your set to go but it would be a better quality job with the leveling jit but you can save some $$$ by using the T/Bars..i'm runnin 285's on my Sierra and so far so good and the only thing i did is turn the T/Bars up a bit to level the truck and clear the tires and i use to run 305-55R20(33-12.50R20)and they rub at full lock so you would need to do alot of cutting or do a 2" lift to keep them from rubbing in all cases(such as offroading and other extreme sports)..just my thoughts

·
Registered
62 Posts
If you decide to crank the t bars I would mark where they were stock for reference later if needed. also on some of the GMC's there is a piece of plastic that is kind of a filler piece that sits between the grill and bumper if you remove that you can raise the bumper up. to give some more room without cutting if you need just a little more room. and it looks a little cleaner also.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I have the readylift leveling kit on my 03 dmax and i've had no problems with it so far.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts