Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It all started about a week ago. When it first started happening, I would be cruising on the highway and randomly I would lose power for a split second and then gain it right back. It would only happen once every 10 or so miles. However, the problem slowly got worse to the point where it would cut in and out repeatedly while accelerating. Now when I start the truck it idles rough and when I throw it into gear, or put any stress on the engine it shuts off?

I know that there could be a lot of things that could cause this. Some people have told me it might be the high pressure fuel pump ( I really hope not). What are your best guesses, and are there any tests I can do that will rule out potential diagnoses

Here is a video of the truck idling in its current state. If you notice around toward the end of the video (around 47 seconds) you hear a wine kind of like a power steering pump. That is me pressing the break, which I think is causing the main booster to strain the engine, this never happened before. I'm not sure if this has anything to do with it, I just thought I'd add this in.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts