Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Should i worry bout buying a 2003 Duramax with 126k and injectors havnt been changed??

·
Registered
141 Posts
Yes, would be my answer. However, they are still withing their 7yr/200,000 mi coverage
There was a thread on here last week where a guy got new injectors even though it was past 7 yrs, but still under 200,000 mi

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, would be my answer. However, they are still withing their 7yr/200,000 mi coverage
There was a thread on here last week where a guy got new injectors even though it was past 7 yrs, but still under 200,000 mi
So they are warrantied 7yr 200k?? And another question....is there anything done to the new injectors they put in that's gonna make them last longer or do I Hav to worry bout them going out too?

·
Registered
141 Posts
I think they use a harder material to keep them from cracking, and i believe that injectors are typically good for over 100,000mi. As for the warranty issue, it's actually a TSB that was issued for them. Search injector TSB for LB7 . Im sure someone else will help clarify this for you.

·
Registered
897 Posts
I would be hesitant to buy it, because I would hate to have to do the injectors myself or pay someone to do it...

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok thanks bud! I know what tab's are lol I work for Lexus! Haha but anyways...thanks for your help!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would be hesitant to buy it, because I would hate to have to do the injectors myself or pay someone to do it...
Yes that's what im worried bout!:rofl

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Did not mean to put that little guy on there sorry...ha

·
Registered
3,774 Posts
i would start by having the balance rates checked.

i have an '03 LB7 with 125xxx and love it. had it gone through before i bought it.

not all the lb7's had bad injectors, thats just there big downfall in the placement which causes the horrid replacement.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
so you're implying that my 2002 with 170,000 miles could have injectors done for free? is there a link to this thread

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i would start by having the balance rates checked.

i have an '03 LB7 with 125xxx and love it. had it gone through before i bought it.

not all the lb7's had bad injectors, thats just there big downfall in the placement which causes the horrid replacement.
Ok cool, so is your truck stock or what?

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
i didnt when i bought mine with 155k on stock stick. still running them with no problems and rates are still good. at over 170K

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That's pretty good then....the truck im lookin at has a Hypertec programmer on it...im not sure if its the max energy or the econ....but he said his dash readout says 19.5-20Mpg's...do programmers help or hurt the injectors?

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
it depends. they dont help them any. as far as hurting them. as long as you arnt running a huge tune then i dont see why they would be hurt. getting a Lift pump help save the injectors and the cp3 though.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
it depends. they dont help them any. as far as hurting them. as long as you arnt running a huge tune then i dont see why they would be hurt. getting a Lift pump help save the injectors and the cp3 though.
Ok well hypertec def ain't nothin big...if its the max energy it'll be 113hp and 185 torque is what there website says...and so like a fass 150 or airdog?

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
yeah they are good for mpgs, not making big power.
yep. many like the Airdog II, The FASS is pretty much the same thing, i went with the FASS cuz i got a really good deal on it. but they are on the top as far as Lift pumps.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yeah they are good for mpgs, not making big power.
yep. many like the Airdog II, The FASS is pretty much the same thing, i went with the FASS cuz i got a really good deal on it. but they are on the top as far as Lift pumps.
Yeah exactly, and MPG's ain't bad but I like power too...lol what kinda MPG's you gettin?

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
with my 35's and everything in my sig. i get about 14-16 in town and 16-19 on the hwy. my driving style is not the best though when im in my truck. lol best i ever got was the 120 tune and 265's on the hwy at 55 mph got 23 on a tank

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
prolly already said, but I believe it is 7 yrs or 200k miles whichever is first in which case the 03 likely is not in its 7yr span depending on sale date...most likely not.

Be weary doing an injector job can be upwards of 3500-4300 bucks. FYI

1 - 20 of 42 Posts