Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all
Im new here so I'm sure someone has already asked this before. But I picked up a 2003 LB7 and I am looking to install a 5" turbo back exhaust on it. I keep getting a different story from all the shops about needing a tuner to deleted my DPF codes which I know the 2003 dosent have but what about the EGRs will I in fact have to have to invest in a tuner I am not looking to put to much money into the truck right now, I hear a lot of talk about EFI but I know nothing about it would that be a route to consider or just stick with an over the counter unit

Cheers,

·
Registered
16,268 Posts
If you have a Cail emission (YF5) LB7 youd need a tuner to get rid of EGR codes. Which you would/may get when you remove the stock exhaust.

If you have a FE9 emissions LB7, you dont have a DOC (aka CAT) or EGR & you can install your new exhaust with no problems.

Simple way to know if you have a Cail emissions (YF5) truck, is to look under the truck (at the exhaust) for a DOC. Or Look in you glove box for a sticker with all kinds of letter/#s. RPO codes. Look for YF5.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.