Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 03 lb7 and i noticed in the morning when the motor is cool the glow plug light comes on and it starts after a few revolutions but after i drove uptown and the engine is hot the glowplug light doesnt come on and it takes quite a few revolutions or about 2 to 3 seconds of cranking for it to start just wondering if this is glow plug, injector or some other reason its doing this thanks for any help
oh and the truck seems to have lots of power as i just bought it about a month ago runs fine just doesnt start as i think it should.

·
Premium Member
17,806 Posts
The glow plugs come on to help warm the combustion when cool, but after the temperature is above say [75-?] , there is no need for them to operate. That is working normal.

There can be several other factors that requires extra cranking when warm-- one is a leak in the fuel injection system, where it is bypassing fuel-- a injector test can determine that.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Mine does this almost exactly the same, normally in the mornings it takes 2-3 seconds to crank but when it gets hot, it doesn't want to crank easily if at all, it's left me stranded twice because I shut it off after driving 30+ mins and it wouldn't crank back. Anybody know what could cause this??

·
Premium Member
17,806 Posts
Moving to LB7

·
Registered
6 Posts
Having same problem.

Were you able to figure out what the problem was.
I spoke with a Diesel mechanic today and described to him that my truck starts great when its cold but once I have driven it a bit, it just keep cranking.
He said the LB7 is notorious for the injectors going out. Does anyone agree with this? I have 102,000 miles.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts