Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been having a problem with my gauges. When I start the truck the gauges do not read. I have to pull the dis/info fuse to get the gauges to read. Does anyone know what can be causing this and if there is a cure to fix it. Any input is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Wish I could help but I'm having the same issue... Except I wacky the dash a couple of times... Then it works lol

Sent from my DROID X2 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
21 Posts
Been having a problem with my gauges. When I start the truck the gauges do not read. I have to pull the dis/info fuse to get the gauges to read. Does anyone know what can be causing this and if there is a cure to fix it. Any input is greatly appreciated.
Check both your batteries. If one is bad, the gauges don't get the power they need until they charge and you restart the truck.

The other option is to get raped at the dealer ship for a new cluster. Let's hope it's the batteries.

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the help. It turned out it was the alternator, it was putting out 16 volts. When i puled it off you can hear a squeak from the bearing when turning the pulley. I upgraded from a 105 amp to a 145 amp and the truck runs and sounds 100% better.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Maybe that's why mine is acting up. Would your alternator squeak at idle when it's cold? My cluster acts up half the time and I just put new batteries in 2 months ago.

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My alternator squeaked only when I shut the truck down. It sounded like the belt. After i removed the alternator and turned the pulley by hand I heard the squeak.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts