Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Reign in Blood
4,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a 2004.5 2500HD with 207,000 miles on the clock. Runs great, body and frame are perfect, new injection module, 2 new injectors, etc...I have been looking at threads on here and really like the mouthpiece upgrade. As far as exhaust, I have an OEM stainless setup that is in great shape, I am thinking of just removing the muffler to add some flow to it. I am also looking at a banks intake.

I'd love to throw a 6 gun on it but with 207k on it, I really don't need to push my luck.

What do you guys think about the exhaust mod? Yes I am aware of the downpipe shape...or misshape and DPF being a bit of a cork. I am really just looking for some extra MPG, maybe a little extra noise ;) if I want to go fast I drive the 07 imp SS :thumb:

·
Reign in Blood
4,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Luckily I am in NJ, no inspection for my vehicle weight class + diesel. If I got rid of the cat would the truck throw any codes?

it has new 265 75 16 tires on it, but like i said, the programmer can wait. I am looking for bang for your buck type things...which usually leads to me just buying the high end stuff anyways.

·
Reign in Blood
4,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
so what are some of the better intakes to get? Do they increase spooling noise? How about exhaust...I am looking at MBRP, but also have seen diamond eye...any other suggestions?

·
Reign in Blood
4,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
MBRP Exhaust. S&B intake. You will hear your turbo more with an intake.
call me childish...but that turbo sound just rustles my cockles every time :D

·
Reign in Blood
4,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ok after some research here and there I have come up with the following modifications:

afe mouthpiece
MBRP 5" straight exhaust, turbo back
S&B intake system

Now for the big question...does anyone have an idea on mpg/hp/tq gains this combo will produce? My guess is around 2-3 mpg, 40 hp, and around 100 ft/lb.

thanks for the time

·
Reign in Blood
4,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
around 16ish

·
Reign in Blood
4,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
just ordered the afe mouthpiece and 5" SS MBRP turbo back straight pipe kit...sweet

·
Reign in Blood
4,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
parts will be here tomorrow...leaving the diesel home so it is cold when i get home from work...so i can tear into it.

·
Reign in Blood
4,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
2 words...holy fuck

1 - 9 of 9 Posts