Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
question for the Guru's > I put a full EGR delete got rid of the cooler and also the EGR valve body and ran the 5/8 hose from water pump to heater core and just left the wire connector dangling for now to the EGR valve . all hooked up with support brace to the intake and fire up the truck . no SES light > I don't have the DIC . I'm sure it did throw a soft code but the SES isn't lighted up and drove it about 20 miles and still no light . will I get one ?? I also have the LBZ mouth piece and made my own ductwork for it with Silicone 90's and cut down my stock plastic tubes to fit it all turned out good> i'll post a pic when I can figure out how lol . anyways just amazes me with full EGR delete I didn't get a SES light
thnx for any replies

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
opps forgot to add I also blocked the exhaust up pipe with the 3/8 thick plate that came with the kit > blocks where the EGR cooler attaches and is built to block that and give support to the bellows . later on i'll order a LB7 up pipe but for now run it like it is

·
Registered
235 Posts
The check engine light shouldn't come on. It will set a soft code that you will only see if you hook up a reader

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thnx wannago faster > i read the forums alot and was expecting to get a SES light but got nothing another site said zip tie the the EGR motor and leave it plugged in i didnt and just zip tied the wire connection and i'm a happy camper for now and then gonna put a LB7 up pipe to get rid of thr belloes > truck runs good so all is well > thnx for the heads up

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
and gonna change the towing mirrors soon to the telescoping ones i think they look better in my opinion. bought this truck brand new in 2004 and just now have 18,000 and also did the pvc reroute > this forum is awsome and all the people on it . i have learned alot and i thank you all

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.