Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2004 GMC 2500 hd, 8" fab tech lift, 35" bfg a/t, Built trans by Mile L
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first post hope I did this right.

FYI
I had one of the last trannies built by Mike L. the week he was retiring this year. The transfer case was also rebuilt 4 months ago

I don't have a scanner that reads trans.
these are the codes on CTS
u1152
p0621
p0802
p0500

"Shift inhibitor" on gauge cluster

Transmission shifts from 2wd to 4h and 4 hi to 2wd without issues
although from either 2wd or 4h in neutral has issues sometimes going into 4 low.

This all started about 4 month ago, Today shifted into 4 low then would not shift out of 4 low. Tried reversing to take off any preload, drove forward from 1,2,3,D nothing made loud Clunk went into neutral all gears PRND321. started to grind when trying to go into park. Shut off the truck, shifted to park no grinding obviously but was still in neutral, truck would roll if E brake not set. Finally after 10 minutes or longer of pulling fuse's and trying to use selector shifted back to 2WD.

I live 5-6 hours from Inglewood transmission shop, Any suggestions.

Transfer case rebuilt after the first time this happened nothing was wrong inside T.C. Had updated rear case installed and new bushings and Bearings./ seals last week the T.C. was opened back up with no issues found. looks and functions like new.

Mike L. maybe you could P/M me

Thank You to Everyone in Advance

I have cleaned all grounds and checked for broken wires all appears to be good

·
Registered
10 Posts
p0802 is low voltage to tcm or ecm. Cant quite remeber off the top of my head. The p0500 im pretty sure has to do with the output shaft speed sensor on your tcase. Shift inhibited could be NSBU switch . When you rebiult the tcase did you put a pump rub kit in it ? When shifting the tcase from 2hi to 4 low or vice versa, are you going to nuetral or park on the trans first ? Also sometimes going to nuetral on the tcase then selecting what range you want seems to work best for me. Is the tcase full of fluid, ANd is your tcase a electronic shift or on the floor ?

·
Registered
2004 GMC 2500 hd, 8" fab tech lift, 35" bfg a/t, Built trans by Mile L
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No I put in a new updated transfer case 1/2 on it. No need for pump rub kit removed the old one.
Yes it is full of fluid.
Electrical shift.
In neutral when shifting from or too 4 low. Transfer case works great for high too high, too high to 4 high no issues.
Only issue is when going two or from for low.
I have replaced the electrical motor with a used transfer case motor seems to be working okay.
Have the front end being rebuilt with new e-locker.
Once I get it back together I will test it some more.
Thanks for the reply

1 - 4 of 4 Posts