Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if I could get a few tips on helping my truck get better towing ability. It has a new block on it i've maybe gotten 4000 miles on this new engine. Towing Package and all.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I am lookin for more power basically. I already have both a Bully dog and a Predator..neither one of em are on it right now. Im really just jumpin around with ideas before I committ.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nothin is wrong with the bully dog i love it. I got that new engine and just havent put anything back on it yet. Yeah I figured i'd have to upgrade the tranny..but once I put the bully dog back on I think it'll be plenty enough. Thanks!

·
Registered
5,569 Posts
Sounds like you need to sell the 2 programmers, and contact one of our venders on here, and purchase EFI!!

PS: how did you blow it up:D

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Fill your sig out, Do you have anything else on thre truck? I would start with a exhaust to open it up a bit and help it breathe. Welcome to the forum also!!!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Kroggs..I am new havent filled out a lot of things!! haha I already have a bigger exhaust..and Jim it already had over heating problems when towing..after the warranty went out(of course) the engine blew ..I had it stacked with the bully dog and predator probably didnt help very much. The new engine tows so much better!

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Do you have gauges in the truck to monitor the egts? And aint that how it always happens, warranty goes and the truck starts letting go.... When my warranty went bye so did my front diff seals, FPRV, and radio.......;..

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Dang tough luck with that one..im sorry i know how it feels sadly enough lol. Its tough.. No i dont have gauges I want some so bad!ha-- but im a college student so I've gotta take my wish list one thing at a time:)

·
Stupid Has The Balls
2,515 Posts
I see its a 2004. Is it an LB7 or an LLY. If its an LLY you need to upgrade the turbo mouthpiece to keep the egts down

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i couldnt tell you if its an LLY or LB7

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It is an LB7 thanks for the help!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts