Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I’m thinking about moving to Los Angeles for my job with my CCSB LB7 Duramax and it’s deleted EGR & deleted Cat 4” straight pipe exhaust. What kind of “problems” should I expect with my truck? I currently live in Virginia.
Could someone from California guide me on how to make it legal to drive without wasting all of my money on expensive conversions. Thanks.

·
Registered
147 Posts
The "problem" will be that you can't register it in California. Sorry, can't think of any way to "make it legal to drive" in California.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So if I re-install the egr and catylitic converter back on my truck it still wouldn’t be legal in California?

What I’m asking is,
What would it take to make it legal in California?

I’m not selling my truck when I get there.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Was it originally a Ca. truck? If not I don't think it had any emissions. Mine doesn't.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I believe it had a cat and an egr, but I don’t know where the truck originated from. It was in Texas before 176k and I’m the 8th owner... also I have individual wire leads to all 8 glowplugs instead of a bus bar. It could have been California legal at one time, but I’m not familiar with vacuum pump mounting or placement as it was deleted prior to my purchasing it.

·
Registered
147 Posts
For a smog check, required for registration, they will run the vin to see what it originally had. If it was a California model with cat, egr, and vacuum pump, then all of these would be required. My smog guy said they are getting smarter all the time about checking for tuners or other ECM mods. If all of your smog equipment was deleted, then it is likely the ECM was modified so you don't have the check engine light and codes thrown all the time. Can you read any codes? Yeah, they check for codes, too, and there can't be any.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts